SuperCard DSTwo Soft reset?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by pugmi16, Aug 2, 2010.

Aug 2, 2010

SuperCard DSTwo Soft reset? by pugmi16 at 4:36 PM (8,864 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. pugmi16
    OP

Newcomer pugmi16 Newbie

United States
    Hello all was looking at the new SuperCard DSTwo card and was wondering if it soft reset capable like AceKard2i with AKAIO 1.7? was looking at picking up one instead of another AceKard2i if so please let me know when you get a chance [​IMG] as I use the soft reset all the time [​IMG] TY!! in advance.

2. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Yes it does. There's an ingame DSTWO menu (which allows you to turn off/on cheats in-game, or make savestates (real time save), etc) and it has a 'exit to menu' button, which functions pretty much like soft-reset. Also, the DSTWO would be really stupid if it didn't have soft-reset.

3. pugmi16
    OP

Newcomer pugmi16 Newbie

United States
    ok great thanks for the quick reply... so it acts like the L+R+Start+Select and resets you right back to the intro of a game?

4. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It goes further than that. It goes back to the list of NDS games you have, essentially letting you switch between games without rebooting the system.

5. campbell00

Member campbell00 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, unless you have a DSi, in which case it sends you back to the Home Screen.

6. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    No. L+R+Start+Select still only resets the game, even on the DSi. It only returns to the DSi Menu if you tap the power button.

7. pugmi16
    OP

Newcomer pugmi16 Newbie

United States
    ahh ok was asking about the L+R+Start+Select as it did not work on the AceKard 2i for a while with AKAIO untill the most resent version of 1.7 update so thought I would ask on this new card before purchasing TY!! for the great replies you guys rock as always here on GBATEMP!!

8. hullo8d

Member hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Soft Reset can be mapped to different keys e.g. Start +Select. The only downside of soft reset it doesn't work on homebrews.

9. pugmi16
    OP

Newcomer pugmi16 Newbie

United States
    kk, I want to thank you all again for the quick replies you guys are great!!

10. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    That's soft-reset. The OP is actually talking about in-game reset.

11. pugmi16
    OP

Newcomer pugmi16 Newbie

United States
    Hello all sorry to bug you again just picked up the DSTWO and when doing L+R+Start+Select it brings me back to the card menu not reset the game anything I specifically need to do in order to just reset the game like on the AceKard2i ?

12. pugmi16
    OP

Newcomer pugmi16 Newbie

United States
    Hello all sorry to bug you again just picked up the DSTWO and when doing L+R+Start+Select it brings me back to the card menu not reset the game anything I specifically need to do in order to just reset the game like on the AceKard2i ?

and yes I do hit L+R+Select first then the start as to not hit the other reset L+R+Start [​IMG] but when all 4 are pushed it still does the same screen as the L+R+Start

13. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    At the games list, press the "start" menu, click "settings", and then click "hotkey". You will be brought to a lovely picture of a White DSi, with some lines and checkboxes. Change the combination of L+R+Start to something else you want to use to access that menu.

FYI: I set mine to L+R+X, because I'm used to hitting X to pop up the GBA emulator's menu.

14. pugmi16
    OP

Newcomer pugmi16 Newbie

United States
    that fixed it now it game resets!! you are great thanks!!... just goes to a white screen but it works now thanks!! any ideas on that? works on AceKard2i but white screen on this new DSTwo card.

15. Chaosruler

Member Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Homebrew soft reset is not perfect, though it seems iReader functioned a intergrated soft reset, rather seems the SDK can create a perfect soft reset button