Supercard DSTWO ROM Linking

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by MadaraHikaru, Jul 20, 2012.

Jul 20, 2012
  1. MadaraHikaru
    OP

Newcomer MadaraHikaru Newbie

United States
    I am fairly new to this whole flash card business, which is why I have spent the past two days researching upon it. After hours of googling and reading various forum threads, I have decided on two products. Either the Acekard or the Supercard DSTWO. I know they are pretty much equal in terms of DS roms however I am leaning towards the Supercard DSTWO because of its GBA emulation. I need a GBA emulator to play the original pokemon games for the GBA. Anyways my question to you, is it possible for Supercard Two to link the DS ROM with the GBA ROM. I need it in order to use Pal Park and transfer Pokemon from Emerald to Platinum/other DS Pokemon games. After researching this online, I discovered that this is indeed possible with the Acekard and EZV 3 in 1. One would just have to apply the poke patch. I am not sure if this information is 100 percent correct and I would be glad if someone can verify it. I have not been able to find out if it is possible on the Supercard. A few sources actually said that it is impossible because it cannot run both roms at the same time, or something like that. I hope someone can clear this up for me. Also, I know I need a DS Lite for the Acekard to do this, but for the Supercard you just need a DSi, correct?

2. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Correct.
    DS Lite can use a GBA flashcart whereas DSi and 3DS can only play DS flashcarts. The DSTWO can play GBA roms however it is through emulation thus the performance can vary from game to game.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    No, what happens is that the DS ROM looks for the pokemon cart in Slot-2 (and you can't run the emulator at the same time as a DS ROM anyways).

Consider using something like PokeGen or PokeSav to edit the same file on the DS cart to add in the pokemon you want.

4. MadaraHikaru
    OP

United States
    Ok so I am slightly confused. The way I see it, it is impossible to do link the roms with the Supercard, however, I could do it with the EZV 3 in 1?

EDIT: I just found some threads which helped clear this up for me. Apparently the easiest way to do this is just to get the save file, transfer it to my SD card. Then open it up on the computer through the DeSmuMe emulator and then transfer that way. However, it seems as if it is also possible through the EZV 3 in 1 however I would have to pay extra money for that.

5. Rydian

United States
    Yes, because the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 is a slot-2 cart.

Slot-1 is the DS slot, Slot-2 is the GBA slot.

The Supercard is a Slot-1 cart. It can only run in slot-1. It does not run GBA roms through Slot-2, it emulates them in slot-1.

In order for the natural linking to take place, there needs to be both games in both slots at the same time. You can't do that with one flash cart.

6. MadaraHikaru
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. You would not believe how many contrasting posts there are on this on the internet.

7. Rydian

United States
    Well there's always ways to do this sort of stuff via flash carts "unnaturally", such as with save file editing, ROM hacks, cheats, that sort of stuff.

8. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    What about the GBA extend option?
    Does it let you do what I think it does?

9. Rydian

United States
    Oh shit, I didn't know the DSTwo could patch that in specifically. Seeing as only a few games made use of it I thought it was another feature skipped over.