Supercard DSTWO plugins... do they need to be converted?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by skfields01, Jun 30, 2014.

1. skfields01
    OP

skfields01 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2003
    United States
    My DSTWO arrived today and wanted to put on a SNES, GBA, NeoGo, DS plugins and I thought I would just be able to put the plugins in a folder and the games in another folder. Drag and Drop per se.

But, I have seen a few videos that say all the plugins and the games need to be converted first?

Can someone explain.

2. wii_go

wii_go Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2008
    France
    Paris FRANCE
    go to the supercard section of the forum, and you'll have all you need to start this emus properly...

3. skfields01
    OP

skfields01 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2003
    United States
    Read that and that basically says that it is more or less Drag and Drop.

But I watched a recent video for the NeoGeo plugin that said you had to put the plugin and games into a folder, along with a converting program and then run the program and it converts it all to the correct format.

No other plugin I have see. Shows that.

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    all the plugins i downloaded was just drag and drop on _dsplugins folder

however if the emulator is in .nds you put it in another folder and boot it like a nds game...

5. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    The Neo Geo emulator specifically is the only one that uses its own format for game roms, you can actually find roms online in the right format if you look, but if you get regular neo geo roms from most places online you would have to convert them.

Other emulators don't need anything to be converted.

6. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Your Snes (Catsfc), GBA (TempGBA), Neo Geo (NeoDS) plug ins go in your _dstwoplug folder (go to the downloads section on GBATemp and type in those plugins, they should pop up for downloading them in the search box. If I was you use what I have suggested, they seem to be the best plugins for what you want to use). The actual Plug In main files (for example CATSFC) just go in the route of your SD Card and the roms normally go in a folder called GAMEPAK. Hope this helps also just boot the gui from your DSTwo main menu and then go into your gamepak folder and boot your rom :)

7. skfields01
    OP

skfields01 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2003
    United States
    Gotcha.

Ok, final question. What are the best plugins to get for...

GB/GBC
    GBA
    SNES
    DS
    GENESIS
    GAME GEAR
    TURBOGRAFIX

I guess there is only 1 for NEO GEO.

Just want to grab the good ones before I leave on vacation which is in just a few days.

8. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    GB/GBC - Lameboy
    GBA - Temp GBA or DSTwo GBA
    SNES - Can only be one really CATSFC
    DS - Comes standard in _dstwoplug folder with DSTWO v1.11 EOS Latest Version.
    Genesis - JenesisDS
    GameGear - ApprenticeminusDS
    Turbografix- Nitrografx
    Nes - NesDS

I would link you but I'm not sure your aloud but if you go into Downloads and type in those you should be able to download the plugins, hopefully. Goodluck! please come back to my inbox and PM me, if any problems ;)

9. skfields01
    OP

skfields01 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2003
    United States
    Reecey,

Thanks for the info. I tried to search for a few of those and wasn't having much luck. But I am at work and it is not easy to do a bunch of searching here. Of you want to PM me with the links.... That would be greatly appreciated.

10. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    I'l sort you the links out for tomorrow asap. Not quite got the time at the moment to sort them all out but soon as, I will PM you ;) Even better than that, I will wrap them up in a file and Mega you a download link. :)