Supercard DSTwo+ Announced on website!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Jasonlinblue, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Jasonlinblue
    OP

Jasonlinblue Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2015
    United States
    Go to their website and you will see that the DSTwo is on the main page. Their website at http://eng.supercard.sc/ . It is supposed to come out in October. The price is unknown. It supports both 3DS and DS games.

Last edited by Jasonlinblue, Sep 30, 2015
    Sakitoshi likes this.
  2. koim

koim GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2015
    France
    first thing, it's already being discussed here
    second thing, it's like the third time it's supposed to be released Soon™

3. Jasonlinblue
    OP

Jasonlinblue Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2015
    United States
    Please delete this comment.

Last edited by Jasonlinblue, Oct 1, 2015
  4. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    While is truth that the launch of the DSTwo+ was hyped before there was nothing on his webpage, only on the forums and looked more like silly rumours than an official confirmation.

5. Dr Eggman

Dr Eggman I am THE Eggman.

Jul 12, 2008
    Canada
    Eggmanland! (Toronto IRL)
    So they are professionally cloning gateway...? Wonder how this one is gonna go over considering gateway's attitude towards clones before...

6. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    What's suspicious is how they are talking so openly about it. The other clones were really discrete about being Gateway copies, while here they are practically screaming "OUR CARD IS A GATEWAY CLONE!!!". As said in the other thread, this is probably because they have a deal with Gateway.
    I personally think that the deal (if there is one) is something like "You, Gateway, authorise us to clone your card, and in return we share our exploit / technology / ? with you.". In the page, they say the DSTwo+ is going to be compatible with "any firmware 3DS". It can be a translation error, or it can be the reason of this.
    Or maybe they are just like "lolz Gateway we are cloning you what are you going to do". And actually, it can possibly be a good strategy too, because if Gateway respond with some more 3DS bricking, their reputation will decrease even more (less sales for GW and more for SC), and if, on top of that, the DSTwo+ price is lower than the price of the original Gateway, then they can take over the 3DS Flashcards market completely.
    But anyway, we will only know the truth when the card comes out.

thaikhoa likes this.
  7. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    So, is this going to be the only flashcard that provides additional power?

8. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    The only 3DS flashcard. The original DSTwo (and some R4 if I'm not mistaken) have an integrated CPU too.

9. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I meant 3ds flashcard, but thanks. I wonder how Gateway is going to respond to that.

TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  10. gamerboy1995

gamerboy1995 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    Maybe it's just me, but their grammar is so terrible that I could swear they just used Google Translate on the Chinese announcement they made on this earlier and pasted it on the English site.

As far as I know, it will be the only 3DS one. The DSTwo for the old DS did have additional power, but it was really only used to play emulators and allow the real-time save and real-time cheat functions, so I'm not sure what good the extra power would do here.

11. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Well as others have said Gateway is most likely in cahoots with them since Supercard is openly stating they are using Gateway

12. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    By the looks of it, they're just advertising it as a Gateway and DStwo on the same card. Heck, they're still advertising TempGBA and CATSFC, so I don't think there'd too much benefit with this compared to just using a DStwo on a CFW'ed 3DS.