With USB firmware flashing hardware
The SuperCard team have today announced the arrival of their latest addition to the SuperCard line. The 'SuperCard DSONEi' is their first DSi compatible flash kit and is based off the original DSONE.
We have also learned that the DSONEi will be the first cart to ship with a USB based firmware updater. This small piece of hardware, similar to the G6DS Real flashing hardware, will plug into your computers USB port and will allow you to insert the DSONEi and update its firmware. This means that if Nintendo issues a firmware update to block the cart from booting, given a possible work-around, you will be able to flash the DSONEi's firmware safely and without the need for a DSi console.
The USB flasher will work on any PC, and actually via ANY USB port. It does not require any drivers, software or user interaction. It simply uses the USB port to draw power. Firmware updates (remember this is separate from updating the loader/OS) will be downloaded from the SuperCard website and placed on the microSD card. Insert the SD card into the DSONEi; the DSONEi into the USB flasher; and the USB flasher into any available active USB port and the cart will begin the update process automatically.
Check out the usual feature list below:
The DSONEi will be hitting the usual stores over the next few weeks, so keep an eye out. Remember to check our affiliated stores first! It's the best way to support GBAtemp.Features List said:
- Plug 'n' Play - NO extra software needed.
- 100% game compatibility, supports clean Rom's and works on any OS .
- Uses MicroSD card, both FAT16 and FAT32 supported.
- Supports the SDHC specification,allowing for high capacity memory cards.
- Compatible with ALL speed flash memory card.
- Hardware save,multi-save support.
- Save directly to MicroSD rather than onboard flash.
- Support RESET, RealTime Cheat Code and RealTime Game Guide.
- Micro firmwaredesigned.Upgradable Operati on System with powerful function and friendly GUI.
- Support MP3,Movie,TXT and view PIC directly.