www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sclogo.gif
SuperCard DSONEi announced
With USB firmware flashing hardware
sci.png
The SuperCard team have today announced the arrival of their latest addition to the SuperCard line. The 'SuperCard DSONEi' is their first DSi compatible flash kit and is based off the original DSONE.

We have also learned that the DSONEi will be the first cart to ship with a USB based firmware updater. This small piece of hardware, similar to the G6DS Real flashing hardware, will plug into your computers USB port and will allow you to insert the DSONEi and update its firmware. This means that if Nintendo issues a firmware update to block the cart from booting, given a possible work-around, you will be able to flash the DSONEi's firmware safely and without the need for a DSi console.

The USB flasher will work on any PC, and actually via ANY USB port. It does not require any drivers, software or user interaction. It simply uses the USB port to draw power. Firmware updates (remember this is separate from updating the loader/OS) will be downloaded from the SuperCard website and placed on the microSD card. Insert the SD card into the DSONEi; the DSONEi into the USB flasher; and the USB flasher into any available active USB port and the cart will begin the update process automatically.

Check out the usual feature list below:
Features List said:
  • Plug 'n' Play - NO extra software needed.
  • 100% game compatibility, supports clean Rom's and works on any OS .
  • Uses MicroSD card, both FAT16 and FAT32 supported.
  • Supports the SDHC specification,allowing for high capacity memory cards.
  • Compatible with ALL speed flash memory card.
  • Hardware save,multi-save support.
  • Save directly to MicroSD rather than onboard flash.
  • Support RESET, RealTime Cheat Code and RealTime Game Guide.
  • Micro firmwaredesigned.Upgradable Operati on System with powerful function and friendly GUI.
  • Support MP3,Movie,TXT and view PIC directly.
The DSONEi will be hitting the usual stores over the next few weeks, so keep an eye out. Remember to check our affiliated stores first! It's the best way to support GBAtemp.

icon11.gif
 Official Supercard website (news to be posted this Monday)
discuss.png
Discuss 

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Even though the updateable firmware is a nice perk, my current SCDS1 does not appeal to me enough to warrant an upgrade. If my current Acekard 2i stops working, I'll probably look for a different alternative.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
If I have a DSi and if my aunt bought me one and send it to me and if my supplier, RockSoft Online, will have this one, I will get this one for sure. Though Im not used to Supercard One. I'll read the reviews if it becomes available.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is it just me or is realtime save missing?
EDIT: Nevermind. I saw the boxart. Even though it's not stated in the feature list on the back it's clearly stated on the front. XD

A-Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ios acekard the only ppl with cut copy paste n delete? the perfect card wuld b acekard 2i plus rts and ing ame guide (even though i dont use it)

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
PharaohsVizier said:
I don't understand why the Supercard team hasn't upgraded to a new version of Moonshell yet, I'm guessing Moonshell 2.0 would speed things up drastically like it did for the EZ Flash V.
That's because Supercard Team was asked by Moonlight himself not to use any the newer version of Moonshell as their OS, and I believe that Supercard Team respects that statement.

kintesh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
hope that nintendo finds the way to stop people using cards. or better security in game which has to check that there is nothing between the game card and dsi before loading the game.

or supply serial codes with the box to activate online from dsi. serial only works with the game cart that was inside the box other not allowed. also verify that the serial match with the card online before loading the game.

i cant wait until nintendo finds something which stops everyone. just like PS3.

bytheway what video format does it play, i'll only but one it plays .avi mpeg mov and divx
frown.gif
if not than no flash card for me on dsi)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended