Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
What started out as a rant on how the Supercard team are 'slow' got into a discussion about mathematics, and this is indeed not the best place to talk about it.
Didn't I say this about 2 pages ago... lol
tongue.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
I couldn't be arsed to read everything of that Wikipedia article, mainly because it has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, but quickly browsing through it made me jump to the conclusion I already know most of that. And I am still in high school (I study Latin-Maths btw, but that doesn't really matter now). So, I would say your theory is flawed, because it IS the 'stupid crap' I see in high school.

That said, I agree with you (to a certain extent) that people who do not know what words like 'beta' mean, shouldn't even deserve anything better than to end up with their equipment broken, but you should be reasonable (and this is where I think your 'logic' doesn't add up): people don't always know about everything, and they don't necessarily have to learn it the hard way.

Anyways, I suggest we all drop the argument here like PharaohsVizier already did, because this is going WAY off-topic. What started out as a rant on how the Supercard team are 'slow' got into a discussion about mathematics, and this is indeed not the best place to talk about it.

Prove that the ring 2Z is not isomorphic to the ring 3Z where Z is the integers. This is elementary material, in order to even begin to understand what I posted above, you should be able to do an elementary problem like that.

You have lost my respect. Never have I seen before someone lie so blatantly. You have no clue what mathematics is about and I am more then disappointed that you are disrespecting mathematicians and future mathematicians. From that, I can conclude you have no idea how I am processing arguments and the reason why they are sound with the use of mathematical properties.

I honestly have lost the motivation to debate with GBAtemp users...

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No. I won't spend any time proving your statement in English, because I haven't a clue what everything's called in English. I only know the Dutch names, obviously. I suppose they are similar in English, but whatever. It isn't hard by any means, I just don't know the names.

I also fail to see where you see me 'blatantly lying', as you put it. I am only using my common sense and in no way do/did I ever intend to insult mathematicians (why would I disrespect people that think like me for fuck's sake?).

BTW, I told you to drop the argument. However, if you want to, you may PM me about this, but I'm not going to bother reading any further posts in this topic anymore.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
That said, I agree with you (to a certain extent) that people who do not know what words like 'beta' mean, shouldn't even deserve anything better than to end up with their equipment broken,

QUOTE(Rydian @ Jun 21 2010, 12:13 AM) Stop!
Reality time!

If you really feel that way, you need to get up off the computer and go hang out with some non-virtual people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4MwTvtyrUQ
Google went around asking random people what a "browser" was.
Most people did not know.

And you're saying that if somebody doesn't know what the beta development stage of software is, they deserve to have data erased and their life ruined have their equipment broken?

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
phoenixclaws said:
QUOTE said:
What started out as a rant on how the Supercard team are 'slow' got into a discussion about mathematics, and this is indeed not the best place to talk about it.
Didn't I say this about 2 pages ago... lol
tongue.gif
This topic has only reached two pages...
wtf.gif

I must have different thread length settings since for me the thread has a length of 4 pages. lawl.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me re-cap...

I come up with a bunch of arguments, I try to support my credibility with the arguments by tending out to the ideas of mathematics, a high school student disagrees with my thinking process and said he was a mathematician. He most certainly doesn't know college graduate level mathematics and blames it on a language barrier. I could have continued to show that he doesn't know graduate level mathematics, which implies that he has absolutely no idea how I was trying to argue my points as a mathematician.

Rydian, have you ever thought it was less of an attempt to intimidate and more of an attempt to shed light of mathematics? Maybe if you tried hard enough, you can see why I went about the things I did? There is an infinite amount of possibilities that does not involve trying to intimidate and you felt the need to post "An attempt to intimidate." You make me laugh you furry furvert

It was sort of a nested series of cluster fuck.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm very surprised this topic has yet to be locked. First it went off topic with the beta chat, now it's further off topic with mathematics.

Zetta I'm not trying to scare you or intimidate you, but if you continue this flame war/off topic chat (that has been asked to stop multiple times) you'll get this topic closed and most likely a warn to top it off. Now I have no power to do that, but by the way you've been acting ("furry furvert"? really?) that's how I predict things will play out with the mods.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to clarify that I am interested in some of the upcoming DS two updates and I support the SuperCard team in their new ventures onto using a processor based flashcart. I'd also like to thank them for their hardwork dedicated to it's consumers. Keep up the great updates!

As for calling Rydian a furry furvert, it says right under his name: "Resident Furvert™". If anything offensive were to come out of furry furvert it would have came from the obvious term Furvert which you can see he calls himself.

One thing I have always hated about online groups: you always have to make assumptions. For example, I meant the slightest offense possible calling Rydian that, but anyone can completely take that as something else especially if they didn't read the title under his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse