Simon496

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have a problem with Tinfoil and Super XCIs (XCI that contain updates + DLC).
When I want to install a game, Tinfoil asks me if I want to install updates and DLCs, I chose yes, but once the installation is complete, only the base game is installed (often in v1.0.0), and I can not launch it because the console requires an update on almost all games.

Noted that I am performing the installations from an FTP.

SX OS: 2.8
Tinfoil: lasted version
Switch version: 8.1.0

Ideas ?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super XCIs aren't meant for the sd card they're meant for external hard drives.

If you're just installing them there's really no reason to make Super XCIs, just install each seperately.

Simon496

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Super XCIs aren't meant for the sd card they're meant for external hard drives.

If you're just installing them there's really no reason to make Super XCIs, just install each seperately.

I don't make, I get them on the internet, and I want to install them ...

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where you're looking, but every place I've seen they're rare. You should be able to find any game not in that format.

You could also remove the DLCs or updates yourself using NSC Builder, then install them seperately.

Bottom line is they're meant to use on an external hard drive not sd card so they're not going to work as you find them.

Simon496

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand why make this kind of file if we can't install them in one-shot ...
And I have seen nowhere that Super XCI are reserved for HDD

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a subreddit that has a bunch of them and it says the same thing every time, this is just one game but all of them say it.

LeyiY7J.png

Again it's for mounting the XCI file using an external, not install any nsp files. If you have an external hard drive you can play it because external hard drives work with SXOS. Otherwise you can use NSC Builder to split up the updates or DLC. Don't want to do that find another download. Those are your options.

Simon496

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay thank you for your answers, I will investigate and find the solution that suits me best :)
In the meantime, I use 4NXCI to convert my XCI to NSP ;)

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a problem with Tinfoil and Super XCIs (XCI that contain updates + DLC).
When I want to install a game, Tinfoil asks me if I want to install updates and DLCs, I chose yes, but once the installation is complete, only the base game is installed (often in v1.0.0), and I can not launch it because the console requires an update on almost all games.

Noted that I am performing the installations from an FTP.

SX OS: 2.8
Tinfoil: lasted version
Switch version: 8.1.0

Ideas ?
You need to install the base XCI (not an XCI that is combined with the UPD and DLC), then install the UPD NSP and DLC NSPS. Custom combined XCIs wont install properly

Reactions: EmulateLife

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thank you for your answers, I will investigate and find the solution that suits me best :)
In the meantime, I use 4NXCI to convert my XCI to NSP ;)

I'm betting you're still not going to have any joy doing that. If it's still a game + update + dlc, it most likely still won't work by converting to nsp. I've told you to use NSC Builder to seperate the update and dlc and then install them all seperate, or find another download. Or just use an external hard drive and play it as is. You have a lot of options, just not the one you want.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Simon496

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
False, I finally found something that suits me well: I put my Super XCIs on an external hard drive, and I make an installation via the SX OS menu. The base XCI + updates + DLCs install correctly by doing this.
This allows me to put the most important games on the SD card, and I leave the others on the HDD.
I will buy a USB cable A to C OTG and everything will be perfect ;)

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you use sxos the simple use build in installer (album). it installs (as well as mount, depending on your preference) custom xci's completly with update and all dlcs.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to revive an old thread (again) but I’m stuck and hoping from experience you lovely folks can help.
I downloaded the most recent update via USB Helper, installed it via WUP, but when I launch dimensions to have it apply the update, it says a system update is required. That’s a no no on the hacked system so I’m trying to figure out how I get around that? Help!
EDIT: False alarm I suppose. Did some checking and updating to 5.5.4 seemed it won’t mess up anything and thus I went for it.

Look I made a mistake I didn't know you could install Super XCIs from external to sd using SX OS. Other than doing that, you cannot install Super XCIs. It has nothing to do with "deciding for yourself" I just didn't think you could do it. No one knows everything right? I was wrong no big deal life goes on.

Simon496

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you should be more nuanced in your answers because installing Super XCI (via Tinfoil) is possible. However, only the base game installs without updates + DLC.
Installing Super XCI via the built-in SX OS installer seems to work with some games I've tested.
An example: I have a MK8 Super XCI, it seems to be v1.7.1, but it installs in v1.6.0.

I'm just looking for a simple way (for novices) to install games.
I have no problem with complicated installations, but for my sister for example, it must be simple for her.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"