Super Wild Card 32M help

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I bought a Super Wild Card 32M (SMS3201, not DX) today, but, as it turns out, the thing is region locked. From what I've read that shouldn't be much of a problem, because all I have to do is exchange the CIC chip.
What I want to know however, is whether I can use chip scavenged off of a PAL game, or if I have to find some obscure store that sells these chips (I couldn't find anything really concrete on this).

FaSMaN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can install a SuperCIC into your Snes that will remove all the region restrictions, or if you just want the system to run the super wild card you can do the pin 4 mod, but this will create compatibility problems with original games that uses the superfx chip for instance.

I don't know about the wild card but the wild card DX doesn't use a normal CIC it uses a generic so you cant swap them.

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see, thanks for the info. However, I'm fairly sure that I'll horribly botch that mod, so I'm just gonna wait until my Super Famicom arrives (a far better use for those three bucks than some french fries :P ).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?