EnnEss

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look carefully at this picture here, you'll notice something strange!

Extra_Man.gif

Count the men...

12 men right?

Now watch the top halves of the picture flip...

13 men?!
ohmy.gif

OMG!

Now how did that happen?

Seriously!

You tell me!

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EnnEss said:
If you look carefully at this picture here, you'll notice something strange!

Extra_Man.gif

Count the men...

12 men right?

Now watch the top halves of the picture flip...

13 men?!
ohmy.gif

OMG!

Now how did that happen?

Seriously!

You tell me!

What the hell ?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They do it by cheating. At first glance it looks like they cut all of the figures in half and transpose them, but they actually cut the top off of the far left figure without replacing it with the top of one of the figures on the right. They only cut the top of its hair off, so it still looks complete, but it has still been divided so it should only count as half a man. Then look at the tallest figure (the one whose head is the highest in the image). They do the same with his feet; they take them off on the right side but they don't replace them on the left. They only cut off the bottom half of them so he still looks like a complete human, but he has still been divided so he also only counts as half a man.

Given that, it starts out as 12 men, and ends up as 11 men + 1/2 man + 1/2 man. That still equals 12 men.

The average height is shorter after the transposition, which is how they make 13 figures (2 technically incomplete) out of the same number of pixels that the 12 complete figures were made up of.

A very clever trick.

EnnEss

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Count the men in this picture:
Extra_Man.gif

12 right? YES! Ok.

Wait till the top halves of the picture swap...

Now count them...

Counted them?

13 OMG!

What if there's some kind of trick in this GIF and it's not right?

Nopp, I've tried putting this picture in paint, swapping the top 2 halves, and....

13 OMG!

So whoever gives me a clear explanation on what's going on (because I just don't get it!), will be featured in my next YouTube video.

Try to think this out...

Tricky eh?

Well... yeah.

-----------------

Happy Temping
wink.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You already posted this, and I already posted a detailed explanation.

Destructobot said:
They do it by cheating. At first glance it looks like they cut all of the figures in half and transpose them, but they actually cut the top off of the far left figure without replacing it with the top of one of the figures on the right. They only cut the top of its hair off, so it still looks complete, but it has still been divided so it should only count as half a man. Then look at the tallest figure (the one whose head is the highest in the image). They do the same with his feet; they take them off on the right side but they don't replace them on the left. They only cut off the bottom half of them so he still looks like a complete human, but he has still been divided so he also only counts as half a man.

Given that, it starts out as 12 men, and ends up as 11 men + 1/2 man + 1/2 man. That still equals 12 men.

The average height is shorter after the transposition, which is how they make 13 figures (2 technically incomplete) out of the same number of pixels that the 12 complete figures were made up of.

A very clever trick.

EnnEss

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
You already posted this, and I already posted a detailed explanation.

Destructobot said:

A very clever trick.

Wow! Smart! Ya YOU will be featured in my next YouTube video, and I'll let you know when that happens.
wink.gif

As for the reason why I double-posted the topic:

Well, this always happens.

As soon as I publish the thread, this error comes:

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this board.

And usually, when that error comes up, my thread isn't posted so I was actually shocked when you said I already created this thread...

Yes, very annoying error...

Is it from the server flood or something?

Anyway, that's that and I'm done talking.

Happy temping everyone!
wink.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Duplicate topics merged... which always seems to result in a confused mess. :/

Anyway, yeah this has been around forever, my dad showed me this when I was a kid back in the 70's. Totally messed my mind up.
I've still got the original around somewhere, think he got it from Scientific American or something. I'll post it if I can find it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was just thinking, I saw one thread about this, and it turned into two! And then it magically turned back into one again! It's not magic...it's mthr
ninja.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, let's see if this works. Sorry the source is a little shaggy, it's old as dirt.

gnomes_1a.jpg
gnomes_1b.jpg

gnomes_2.jpg

gnomes_1b.jpg
gnomes_1a.jpg

gnomes_2.jpg

edit: if the above looks scrambled, widen your browser window, or get a better monitor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom