N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misterb98 said:
ssb for the 3ds would be awesome ^^. It would be even more awesome if they could manage to cram a few stages and characters for a 3ds download play thing.
Like updates using wifi? That would be the best thing ever
yay.gif

ToiletDS

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully they will make a SSB3DS, i'm not planning to get one but if this comes out on it, i'll buy one.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
N4RU70 FR34K said:
KazoWAR said:
I heard Super Smash Bros. Brawl was the last in the series.
I heard that too hopefully they lied.

Nah, just the last game Sakurai is helping with. He wasn't even helping with Brawl until a while in development.
Great that would of suck if it was the last one because fighting Mario and Sonic, it just never gets old.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
N4RU70 FR34K said:
KazoWAR said:

Nah, just the last game Sakurai is helping with. He wasn't even helping with Brawl until a while in development.
thats not true at all. he helmed the game since the beginning. iwata proposed the idea to sakurai from the beginning.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i know i would buy. some of that close local play may be lost but that comes with the portable territory. fighting with seperate systems isnt the same as all duking it out on one screen while you sit on the couch. but still i would buy in a heart beat.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
N4RU70 FR34K said:
KazoWAR said:

oh come on, did you guys just ignored my previous post?
it's just how they make em, it was on an interview (iwata asks), they make it as if it was their last SSB game, they did it with melee too
http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol2_page1.jsp

specifically this part :
Sakurai
I felt that a large premise of the project was that this was not a series that would continue indefinitely. After all, it wasn’t possible to keep on increasing the characters that are entitled to take the field in Smash Bros. And even if you try to utilize new familiar characters that resonate with the fans, you can’t get each and every gamer to be happy. Just like its predecessor then, we decided to design the game as if it was the last one in the series.

Iwata
I see.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Range-TE said:
N4RU70 FR34K said:
KazoWAR said:

oh come on, did you guys just ignored my previous post?
it's just how they make em, it was on an interview (iwata asks), they make it as if it was their last SSB game, they did it with melee too
http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol2_page1.jsp

specifically this part :
Sakurai
I felt that a large premise of the project was that this was not a series that would continue indefinitely. After all, it wasn’t possible to keep on increasing the characters that are entitled to take the field in Smash Bros. And even if you try to utilize new familiar characters that resonate with the fans, you can’t get each and every gamer to be happy. Just like its predecessor then, we decided to design the game as if it was the last one in the series.

Iwata
I see.
Aha so they can make it the best game they can
smileipb2.png

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's a great way of game designing. Some developers won't use some content on purpose so it can be used for the sequel. And that sucks.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NEO117 said:
I don't really want a new SSB on 3DS but rather a Melee port with online added and (if possible) DLC for new characters. Melee is (IMO) perfect in every way and should not be changed, if they do a new SSB then I hope we can keep the characters how they were in Melee or at least the speed.
This this this. LOVED Melee. Hated lots of the changes made in Brawl. This happening is probably the only way I'd buy a 3DS.

What I'd give to piss off a whole new generation of noobs through some wavedashing, shffl'ing, few dair-spikes for good rage, and a brokenly-long recovery distance as my gnarly maroon Samus. People would be lining up outside my house to try and 'Counterstrike' me.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not looking forward to another Smash game. Sakurai ruined the series for me although SSB64 and Melee were amazing, Brawl was just horrible to me. Heck, I don't even mind at SSB64 port at all. I'd prefer that over Brawl any day.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
I'm not looking forward to another Smash game. Sakurai ruined the series for me although SSB64 and Melee were amazing, Brawl was just horrible to me. Heck, I don't even mind at SSB64 port at all. I'd prefer that over Brawl any day.
I would buy the console for SSB64 or Melee ports with online fighting capabilities. Brawl can take a hike.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
What I'd give to piss off a whole new generation of noobs through some wavedashing, shffl'ing, few dair-spikes for good rage, and a brokenly-long recovery distance as my gnarly maroon Samus. People would be lining up outside my house to try and 'Counterstrike' me.

While I do agree that Brawl pales in comparison to the competitive pleasure of Melee (Random trips in Brawl... What were they thinking!?), I don't think that such exploits as wavedashing and the likes should be purposely included into a game. We were all newbies at one time too, you know.
frown.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I don't want another Brawl on the 3DS. I don't want another Melee either.

Neo said Melee was perfect. He's lying. Much of that game was broken. As was Brawl. But in different ways. Melee was fast and was great for competetive Smashers. But had plenty of flaws. You can't deny that half the lineup were clones. There were moveset problems, as in Brawl. And those bloody glitches, which people actually like because it gives them an unfair edge (Fuck you, injected.) Even when I played the game in its time, it seemed... not right. Must have been all the clones. Brawl took steps in the right direction. Clones were taken out or made to have more diverse movesets, loads of new features were added, but the core of the game, the engine, seemed to have lost something. It was a heck of a lot slower than Melee, and that's not so good for competitors. And the characters movesets were so brokenly imbalanced, it's as if the developers hadn't even tried. Even a few amateur coders managed to balance Brawl better than Nintendo themselves could. Because of these flaws, especially the first, the competitive Smashers preferred Melee over Brawl, some completely ignoring its flaws. They both have their strengths and weaknesses What I would most like to see from SSB4, whether its for the next home console or for 3DS, is a bit of a combination of the strengths of both games.

Future edit @Chaz: The terribly imbalanced tiers might as well be a glitch. I don't care for them. And I was talking about Melee's glitches specifically. Not that Brawl doesn't have a few.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
I don't want another Brawl on the 3DS. I don't want another Melee either. (Perhaps a combonation of the stregnths of both?)

Neo said Melee was perfect. He's lying. Much of that game was broken. As was Brawl. But in different ways. Melee was fast and was great for competetive Smashers. But had plenty of flaws. You can't deny that half the lineup were clones. There were moveset problems, as in Brawl. And those bloody glitches, which people actually like because it gives them an unfair edge (Fuck you, inject
MetaKnight isn't a glitch...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~