Hacking Super Smash Bros Update 1.1.3 Crash

rfire90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the US 1.1.3 update with BBM for Super Smash Bros and now the game won't launch. I start the game and it starts loading (usual black screen) but after around 20 seconds says an error has occurred and the system will be restarted.

I tried deleting the update and the game launched fine. I installed an earlier update and the game launched fine. I tried installing 1.1.3 again and same problem occurred. Now I am wondering if my 1.1.3 CIA is corrupt and am attempting to redownload, transfer to sd card, and try installing again.

I am on an old3DS XL, using Gateway card, latest Gateway version (3.6), 9.4 emunand, 4.5 sysnand. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I found some threads on another forum about a similar issue happening with update 1.0.2 and requiring a SD format which I really do not want to do. Any insight would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Reinstalling 1.1.3 did not work. But after I decided to update emunand to 10.3 and now it works fine. I thought firmware spoofing allowed games to be played at lower firmware?

Last edited by rfire90,
D

Deleted-236924

You are on O3DS, you don't even need to bother with .cia updates.
Just be on latest emunand firmware and download game updates directly from eShop = profit

It might be your .cia being wrong though, because I'm pretty sure if you attempt to play a game on a lower firmware than it is intended and the FW spoofing isn't working, then it would just hang on the Nintendo 3DS screen with the red waves, not proceed normally and then give a black screen error.

rfire90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are on O3DS, you don't even need to bother with .cia updates.
Just be on latest emunand firmware and download game updates directly from eShop = profit

It might be your .cia being wrong though, because I'm pretty sure if you attempt to play a game on a lower firmware than it is intended and the FW spoofing isn't working, then it would just hang on the Nintendo 3DS screen with the red waves, not proceed normally and then give a black screen error.

Yes, ended up updating to 10.3 while the CIA update was still installed. Then when I tried to run the game it worked just fine. I just thought firmware spoofing was working fine on O3DS, maybe there are some specific issues with SSB. I don't think the CIA was the issue, because my friend used the same one and had no problems and is working for me on the firmware also. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, what's 401k?