Homebrew Super Smash bros on the DS

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard of super smash bros games made by homebrew developers that you can play on your flashcart. I have an AceKard 2i so what game could I play on there and how would I get myself a copy?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one do you most recommend and how do I get myself a copy? Actually would it be possible to get a source for all 3 I would like to try them out to see whats best in my opinion.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I know which ones are the latest versions for each smash bros game? Is there a main site where the developers themselves post their games?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RemixDeluxe said:
How do I know which ones are the latest versions for each smash bros game? Is there a main site where the developers themselves post their games?
Well the latest and most updated/polished/fun SSB Homebrew is Super Smash Bros. Crash 8 (or 8.5, I don't remember).
Rumble last got updated in July.
Clash just had a Christmas release.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried out clash. It works flawlessly.

I tried crash but when I got to the "press start" screen I pressed start then my screen black out, do I have to add the files specificly in my directories somehow?

and rumble just doesnt work. When I downloaded the file it was only 500 kb which is too small for any DS game to play.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RemixDeluxe said:

I tried crash but when I got to the "press start" screen I pressed start then my screen black out, do I have to add the files specificly in my directories somehow?

and rumble just doesnt work. When I downloaded the file it was only 500 kb which is too small for any DS game to play.
Sad thing is, the only way I could get version 8 to work was by making it a plugin on my DSTWO. It' still doesn't work on my Acekard2i.

Swifty1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RemixDeluxe said:

Why thank you.

QUOTEHow do I know which ones are the latest versions for each smash bros game? Is there a main site where the developers themselves post their games?

For SSB Clash, I post updates regularly on my blog:
swiftystudios.blogspot.com

And in the interests of fairness, you can find Rumble at:
ssb-rumble.info

And Crash at:
ssbcrashds.blogspot.es/ (But it's in Spanish).

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quick question about Clash: we don't have to start a new save file every time a new version's released, do we?

EDIT: man, when the game says preparing for first time use may take a while, it's not fucking kidding.

EDIT 2: ...is Clash even compatible with the R4?

Swifty1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dann Woolf said:
Quick question about Clash: we don't have to start a new save file every time a new version's released, do we?

EDIT: man, when the game says preparing for first time use may take a while, it's not fucking kidding.

EDIT 2: ...is Clash even compatible with the R4?

The next public release will include exportable save files so that you can carry your stuff over. The files will only work with the release subsequently following it though, so if you want to keep carrying it through, you'll have to move the saveFile through each version that we release.

The game actually takes longer to start up depending on the size of your MicroSD card. For example, mine is an 8GB, so it takes a while to start up. It takes quite substantially less time to start up each subsequent time.

I have a tester who uses the R4, and he seems to be able to get it to run fine. For clarification purposes, are you using SSB Clash Rebirth? Also if your MicroSD is rather large, turn it on, leave it to start up and walk away for a bit.

Also, Pahicken what card are you using, what capacity does your MicroSD have and what model DS are you running it with? (DS, Lite, DSi)

TheAmericanNomad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang! When I first got my cart SSB homebrew was at a pathetic state. It had only one character and everyone and their uncle was calling it vaporware, so I stopped paying attention. Now, I come back, and sh*t is going on!

Glad I was wrong, keep up the good work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1