Gaming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Release Thread

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's true, there's a day one patch. But online with only Japanese players (ie halfway across the globe) would likely be a laggy shitfest anyway.
I've played online with random people and it's been fine. It's when I've played with friends it's been laggy :/

El Xando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As is the case with every game, but if you take hours to learn wavedashing and stupid glitches and exploits to make a game "competitive" then you're kinda taking the fun out of it.

Competitive players want to subtract from the game until there's nothing left but "competition". Can't use stages other than Final Destination or maybe Battlefield because they're "too large" or "too random". Can't use items because they're "too luck based". Can't use most of the characters because they're either "too broken" or "too shit".

Noncompetitive players want to add. New stages because they're fun. New items because they're fun. New characters because they're fun.

By making Smash competitive you take away what's unique about it and try to make it like a fighting game which it's not designed to be. It's a party game.

Only the really hardcore players learn that since you need it to watch tournaments. But they can be entertaining to watch. For instance, this Snake vs Snake Money Match.

No one wants to subtract anything from the game. There's elements of the game people don't want involved in competitive, which makes sense. I doubt you can find anyone, even hardcore competitive players, who wouldn't want more stages, items and certainly characters.

averuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Some people just find it fun getting better at something they love to do. Let's be honest, competitive players are what keeps games alive.
Casual players will play a game have some fun but they won't play as much as competitive players will. Competitive players spend way more time playing specific game. If there is someone who should tell others to gtfo (no one should) then it would be competitive players, cause after ~6 months they will be the ones still playing ssb4 not you.

YamiWheeler

Trophies
XP
Country
If there is someone who should tell others to gtfo (no one should) then it would be competitive players, cause after ~6 months they will be the ones still playing ssb4 not you.

That's not necessarily true. Me and my friend love doing the co-op modes together, over and over. We've played since Brawl came out up to now.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little skeptical since its labeled in english instead of the actual release name.

it's definitely a fakey mcfakerson as it's on sites that dont really scrub out fake or spam releases. unlike more reputable sites. which I dont see it on there because most likely it was scrubbed

Iwata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting seeders so I'll say if it works when download done but the file is only 1,3Gb so it's not realy a good sign I'll say.

The game file itself is reportedly smaller than the full announced size on the box according to people who have downloaded it from the eShop, so it's actually plausible. There's talk that the extra room may be there to hold inevitable DLC, but you would think that would be stored under "Extra Data" or something...

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game file itself is reportedly smaller than the full announced size on the box according to people who have downloaded it from the eShop, so it's actually plausible. There's talk that the extra room may be there to hold inevitable DLC, but you would think that would be stored under "Extra Data" or something...
Yeah, it's only ~9000 blocks but the box says ~17000 :S

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Iwata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is awesome news...ive been platinum every year for about 5 years now and already plat for this year. Havent gotten anything about the demo yet tho.

Me neither, it's going to be a tense afternoon until that code comes. ^_^ (if we don't have Japanese copies by then)

What size in MB is 9000 blocks then ?

128kb = 1 block
1mb = 8 blocks
1gb = 8,192 blocks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ¡¡¡ tttoN