Gaming Super Smash bros DS....is it possible?

luneth22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Some ppl have raised their opinion that SSB should consider be made on a DS....what are ur opinions?

Radiopools

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cablephish said:
Not with GREAT graphics, but with 2-d sprites, it's possible.

It's been done in Jump! Ultimate Stars, so I don't see why not.

This. Jump Ultimate Stars is the SSB of DS.
Nintendo would probably rather make SSB games for Wii, since SSB is so popular, they probably don't see any reason to do it for DS.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
JUS is enough. There's quite a good english patch already, so no need for a stateside SSB. The gameplay is quite the same only with different characters. So why bother waiting for a unlikely in the near future dream to come true?

DBMONK

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
halomasta said:
I don't see why they don't just make one with N64 graphics that shit would be tight.

i agree, i mean look at the port of super mario 64.... that was vastly improved and smash bros would work well on the DS
thats my oppinion anyways, everyone has there own oppinion.
mine is:
I
WANT
SSB: DS

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly XD

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can it be done, Yes. Should it be done, No. Because unless they somehow make this game cheat proof, its gonna be pretty annoying online playing people who can smash you in 1 hit, or take no damage.
Just look at Jump Ultimate Stars, when it first came out, the online was amazing with a few cheaters/unfair people. Now practically every Random match on Wi-Fi has atleast 2 hackers.

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can it be done, Yes. Should it be done, No. Because unless they somehow make this game cheat proof, its gonna be pretty annoying online playing people who can smash you in 1 hit, or take no damage.
Just look at Jump Ultimate Stars, when it first came out, the online was amazing with a few cheaters/unfair people. Now practically every Random match on Wi-Fi has atleast 2 hackers.

uuh... Thats not really a valid reason, and i honestly am quite suprised that Nintendo hasnt done this already, if they just do a decent remake of the N64 version, add some characters/Content im sure they would make lots of $$.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
pengin2008 said:
Google:

Super Smash Bros Rumble.
Yup, still buggy, but with that, you can at least fight. But they're having serious Problems now, I think (no coder)...also as far as I got it, some splitted up from Rumble, making their own Smash Bros, called Super Smash Bros Clash. Website/Forum. Clash looks good, better than Rumble for me. There's a Demo avaibale, with which you can play a bunch of players (Kratos, Deoxys, Meta Knight, etc..). No fighting yet, you can only jump and walk on a Final Destination Stage. But the Charakters have different Speed, Weight, etc...

You'll need many patience, until there's a realy good one...

@All those who said there isn't one:

Rumble:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX76Cd-eVdY
Clash:

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sanderino said:
Jup, some hackers are making a homebrew called: Super Smash Bros Rumble. You should search it up.
So what exactly are they hacking?
wink.gif

I had an idea some time ago, wouldn't it be possible, to make a hack of JUS, with characters of SSB?
I'm no expert in hacking, so if that would be to hard/impossible, nvm
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 100% possible to make Smash Bros DS, make it look twice as good as the original, and it SHOULD be made. With wifi, it would be the ULTIMATE online DS game IMO.
tongue.gif

The game can be in full 3D and look FAR better than the N64 game. Just look at what they did with Mario Hoops DS:

The game was GORGEOUS smooth 3D with a ton going on in both the courts and the background. They should adapt this same graphical engine to a Smash Bros DS. I mean this game alone beats pretty much anything the N64 did. Smash Bros 64 wasn't even THAT advanced graphically. There were dozens of better looking N64 games than it.

Now will it be done? Well, it's one of the most wanted DS game among fans, but nothing has come of the pleas. That's pretty much a no sadly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol