Homebrew Super Smash Bros. Clash!

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I tried the demo and its awesome!!!!
I really hope you can finish it.

P.S did you put attaks in your demo or did i just not know the keys?

efaj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbclash.co.cc
XP
Country
shasta588 said:
so does this mean rumble is dead?

Rumble is not dead, they had some sort of April Fool's joke.

QUOTE said:
P.S did you put attaks in your demo or did i just not know the keys?

Not yet, but, Mario and Megaman have the A combo kinda coded, so if you press A they will stop walking (since I had not finished, I locked the actual attack, but forgot to remove the walking lock)

To the makers, I would reccommend keeping this private for a while, at least until it's near completion. Otherwise, chances are you'll get a C&D just as quickly.

We are planning to make a name change. There's always "Fair Use" and they can't stop an open source. Also, I don't think they will, there's Super Smash Flash too, and they haven't got shut down.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
efaj said:
We are planning to make a name change. There's always "Fair Use" and they can't stop an open source. Also, I don't think they will, there's Super Smash Flash too, and they haven't got shut down.
little suggestion, you might want to put in your title screen that you do not own any characters

D

Deleted User

Put all the copyright stuff right in the intro.
And, BTW, keep it private until completion, or it'll never see the daylight.

Fikdik.

efaj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbclash.co.cc
XP
Country
sa1amandra said:
efaj said:
little suggestion, you might want to put in your title screen that you do not own any characters

QUOTE said:

I think I wrote legal stuff in a magenta background before the title, though it only shows up at start. But, I guess not in this one (I turn it off while I test the game because it stays for some seconds -which become a waste of time)

And, BTW, keep it private until completion, or it'll never see the daylight.
Well, that's hard, considering we already appear in Google

Results for "ssbclash"
http://www.google.co.cr/search?q=ssbclash&...lient=firefox-a

The first link is the blog, the second our forums, the third this topic. With other keywords we still appear, though not on the first results or page (depending on the keywords). Similar stuff happens on Yahoo.

Right now, there are some stuff I know I won't ever do:

-Add voices (they are other kinds of rights, more like personal rights, and therefore more protected) so, no Brawl narrator (probably we'll end up recording ours, depending on how sounds go -DS doesn't like complex games and MP3s)

-Add chars from Blizzard (examples: Diablo DS and StarCraft DS)

BTW, if someone can tell me of projects closed by Nintendo, it would be good to know why, and understand how the project developed. Names, sites, etc... would be helpful (if I know how they work, it's easier to search ways against they finding us)

D

Deleted User

efaj said:
QUOTE said:

I think I wrote legal stuff in a magenta background before the title, though it only shows up at start. But, I guess not in this one (I turn it off while I test the game because it stays for some seconds -which become a waste of time)

QUOTEAnd, BTW, keep it private until completion, or it'll never see the daylight.

Results for "ssbclash"

The first link is the blog, the second our forums, the third this topic. With other keywords we still appear, though not on the first results or page (depending on the keywords). Similar stuff happens on Yahoo.

-Add voices (they are other kinds of rights, more like personal rights, and therefore more protected) so, no Brawl narrator (probably we'll end up recording ours, depending on how sounds go -DS doesn't like complex games and MP3s)

BTW, if someone can tell me of projects closed by Nintendo, it would be good to know why, and understand how the project developed. Names, sites, etc... would be helpful (if I know how they work, it's easier to search ways against they finding us)
I

D

Deleted User

efaj said:
QUOTE said:

QUOTEAnd, BTW, keep it private until completion, or it'll never see the daylight.

Results for "ssbclash"

I'm happy to see that you're reading our suggestions, that's cool.
happy.gif

By making it private, I mean not to provide demo downloads and stuff like that.
I would love to test this homebrew and help the development in any possible way - beta testing, for example - but this Nintendo guy would come after you guys again. And that would be SO SAD.
I'll PM you with some suggestions.

efaj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbclash.co.cc
XP
Country
shasta588 said:
dude if it means anything to you I hope you succeed.
but why is registration on your forums locked?
It's not really locked, it was for some time, just register and activate in your e-mail, or go to the ssbclash.co.cc one: that one is completely unlocked
It's mostly because we use the boardzero forum for development, and people don't want spam, but, I don't like either to suppress people, so, doing that separation is the way I found for that.
I'll be setting a team to keep both forums updated (I can access the raw files of the ssbclash.co.cc one, but not the ones of boardzero, so I'd need a full crew)

QUOTE said:
If you need a motivation, then keep in mind that if it's a quality game then people will pay money for it! Hell, I would.....
Motivation is always welcomed!

QUOTE said:
I'm happy to see that you're reading our suggestions, that's cool. happy.gif
By making it private, I mean not to provide demo downloads and stuff like that.
I would love to test this homebrew and help the development in any possible way - beta testing, for example - but this Nintendo guy would come after you guys again. And that would be SO SAD.
I'll PM you with some suggestions.
Suggestions are to be read: How can I make the best game if I don't hear the people that will play it?
happy.gif

i think you need a lot of friggen people in your team for this
oh yah
and no team name?
Well, we kinda called ourselves "Clash Game Studios" but, we didn't properly discussed it, and I don't think we'll do much after finishing the game, just keep maintainance, bug clearing, balancing the chars, and stuff

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had more programming experience so I could help, right now I'm still quite nooby in C/C++ :[ Definitely not enough to even start working on a platformer let alone a DS fighting game. Bleh.

I really hope you guys get far. I do want to make a strong suggestion however, instead of naming it Super Smash Bros (thus incurring tons of problems with Nintendo), why don't you name it more appropriately something related to MUGEN which it seems like it'll end up more as.

To be honest I'd be more interested in a competitive Brawl like game made that has a MUGEN way of incorporating characters.

Obviously easier for you if they're hard coded than they can be added though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...