Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Backup Loader 0.3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by be9ine, Oct 26, 2008.

Oct 26, 2008
  1. be9ine
    OP

Newcomer be9ine Member

United States
    I've read in the official compatibility wiki that this should work. Here's what I've tried:
    7.92 GB ISO, NTSC-U, 1:1 (Un-Patched/Not Decrypted), Layer Break 2084960, ImgBurn, Verbatim DVD+DL at 2.4x
    7.92 GB ISO, NTSC-U, 1:1 (Un-Patched/Not Decrypted) ImgBurn, Verbatim DVD+DL at 2.4x

Both times I've gotten the same error, which is kind of a jumbled mess, but appears to say something like "title error".
    Any ideas? Any testimonials of this working for any of you?

2. YellowYoYos

Member YellowYoYos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I 2nd this thread.

I tested SSBB DVD5 burnt on to a memorx dvd+r. First one I burnt at 2.4x un patched. Put it the Wii for the first time and it loaded right up, I skipped all the cut scenes (in fear of it crashing) and went to menu and started the game and it played just fine. I played 3 rounds and then left the game to test more games with the new 0.3 backup loader, tested a few and when I went to try to play SSBB again I keep getting the same error you are talking about man, I have no idea why it did this. I re-installed everything just to see if it would make it work again but sadly I can not get the game to work. Anybody have any ideas???

3. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I burned all my games on dvd+r and none worked. Same files on dvd-r and they were perfect. try dvd-r

4. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Did you burn it correctly with the layerbreak?

5. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    When I was beta testing this version last week with Mario Kart Wii, I had the same error. I had to reburn my original ISO without patching it. I burned it using the Max Speed setting using IMGBurn I think.

6. be9ine
    OP

Newcomer be9ine Member

United States
    The first time I tried to burn it, I burned it with 2084960 as the layer break. The second time, I didn't use a layer break at all. I'm using ImgBurn BTW.

The ISO I'm burning is un-patched.

7. YellowYoYos

United States
    My mario kart (patched) work fine, even online.

I burnt a new copy of SSBB dvd5 at 1x speed and it loaded (Sometimes, still get that error sometimes) but kept giving me disk read error, please check manual or some bull shit.

8. ForceXT

Newcomer ForceXT Member

Australia
    SSBB pal unpatched works perfectly for me mate.

Check to make sure your burn is good.

9. shags

Newcomer shags Newbie

Australia
    SSBB PAL DVD 5 4.5 gig
    Patch made it 7. something
    DVD - R Dual Layer verbatim
    Works Fine
    (would not work on old loader)

Big thanks to the Gator

10. deervark

Member deervark GBAtemp Regular

United States
    my dvd5 version works fine. i think that there are some weird bugs in it, like i had a cutscene repeat itself and some of the characters in the cutscene were replaced by others, but i think that's because it's a stripped hacked dvd5 version. i dunno.

11. be9ine
    OP

Newcomer be9ine Member

United States
    I've been burning at 2.4x and that seems to work for all of my other games. What all is cut out of the DVD 5 versions? And are you running the PAL copy on an NTSC Wii? If so, did you have to patch it or are you just forcing NTSC?

12. be9ine
    OP

Newcomer be9ine Member

United States
    Somebody over in the compatibility thread got up on a soap box and claimed that you aren't supposed to burn at the lowest speed, because it will cause DVD identity errors and all of that. So I tried burning at the max speed IMgBurn said was supported for Verbatim DVD+DL's and it STILL gives the same error. Burned without layer break. I'm going to try burning with the layer break at max speed and see what happens.

13. be9ine
    OP

Newcomer be9ine Member

United States
    Tried burning Max speed (4x) using ImgBurn and 2084960 as a LB and still no dice. Hope this helps someone else before they try burning SSBB on a Dual Layer. It doesn't appear to work at lowest speed, or max speed, Layer Break, or no layer break.

I was able to get a PAL DVD-5 to work, region frii'd, and forced NTSC on the backup loader. I've only played multi player, but everything seems fine. Cut scenes are flawless .

Thanks to WiiGator for this great loader! Smash Bros Brawl was the only game I even wanted for the Wii!
    Thanks again to everyone who replied to this thread.

14. scognito

Member scognito GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I've a WEIRD problem with this game.
    Intro cinematics works great, but when I start the "not" classic mode (don't remember the name) I get:
    first video ok, second video (zelda near the metroid suite), and then every other video (each one before a new match) is the same (zelda).
    It's very odd...never had problems with other isos, just this.
    I tried the DVD5 version, maybe it is the problem?
    What is difference between the DVD9 and this? (Apart of the size, obviously).
    Thanks.

15. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well,

My problem is,

I downloaded a DVD5 copy of it.

Whenever I run it through the patcher, it doubles in size, thus results in not enough disc space to burn it.

I've tried about 3 different copies of it.

Any solution?

EDIT: Wanted to add in I'm using 4.7GB DVD-R's.

16. angryhead

Newcomer angryhead Newbie

Estonia
    Using a DVD5 PAL version of the game, unpatched, on my PAL console.
    Everything works great, I think the first video or something lagged a bit.
    Played about three hours, no other problems so far.

17. Mek

Newcomer Mek Member

United States

Must use WiiGators extract partition.

18. deervark

Member deervark GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the same thing happens to me. i'm sure it's because it's edited to fit on dvd5, but this game is all about bustin' some ass, not watching cutscenes so it doesn't bother me. i would skip them anyway.

19. mxk1000

Member mxk1000 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom

don't patch it. just burn the iso. works fine for me, but i have a pal wii and pal ssb

20. YellowYoYos

United States
    Well, I burnt a new copy using UltraISO at x6 speed and it loads everytime but most of the time I get the "Disk can not be read, please refer to wii owners manual"

It loads, shows the remote warning, it goes to the black loading screen and then I get the error. Tho sometimes I have got it to work and was able to play some rounds but sooner or later the disk read error happens.