Homebrew Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Not Normal)

Aero-Mach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brawl stopped working after I updated to get Monster Hunter Tri, Black Ops and Brawl all working at the same time. I have the old Cios Rev 20, before Rev 20b, If you could just link me to the older Cios Rev 20 installer, I'm sure that'd work as well, but Everyone updated it to the newer version.

Brawl isn't working strangely enough, I searched and searched, and it was Hermes, which I don't use USB, I burned brawl on a single layered disc.

What I had on the old Rev 20 was.

ios249, base 57.

But that doesn't work on the new version, Wiihacks told me to delete ios250 and start over again, but he failed to realize I was using Disc and just brought up Hermes,

I have to remind you, I'm not using a USB drive like others, and I'm using Neogamma r7,

I'm positive the old rev would work, The song 'take me on' plays in 8-bit fashion, and the newer Cios Rev 20b plays a remixed 8-bit version,

But ANY way to get Brawl working would be appreciated, If it works then I'll just try to finish thinking out the rest on my own,

Help is appreciated.

Aero-Mach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? It worked on the old version, but I can't find it, I literally been search for hours, posted on numerous sites, and still searching XD.

That's probably my problem is that the single layered game is probably buggy,

My game just stops working after the loading screen, it turns white, then stays that way. Before, the opening was REALLY choppy, I could skip it and play with no problem, Story mode and everything was there, Online was a breeze, but I messed with the wii trying to get all three games to work at once as opposed to having to use the Cios installer every time I played.

Thanks for the fast reply!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what do you mean by "Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Not Normal)"? Why does it say not normal? Because it's on a single layered disk?

So the game was working before? Because that shouldn't have been possible on a single layered disk.

Aero-Mach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Not Normal because its normally on a dual layered.

And I'm not using USB, which everyone would normally say Hermes which is only for USB,

It was working.

There you go, people upload these alot and normally remove stuff like the demos and other things people don't use normally,

Strange I know, but it worked!
smile.gif

I know I already asked this(Did I?) But does anyone happen to still have the old Cios Rev 20 installer? I heard it had a bug, but that one worked and this didn't.

If you have it, please link me to it! Would be much appreciated!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Riley, one of the members said wiihacks links maybe against the rules as well, I don't wanna break any rules...
tongue.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should remove that TPB link. Its against the forum rules.

Also, my friend got one of those isos. He said it was because they removed the videos, or something from the subspace emissary. Seems like some people from that link are getting crashes while playing the SSE.

Aero-Mach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never got any errors, and I completed everything, I just wanna play Brawl and smash my brothers.

I never had an error, and it was clean except for the videos and choppy opening.

Sorry about the link, posted it on accident. I thought I copied the other link.

EDIT: Thanks Argentum Vir, would click a "Thanks" Button but there isn't one.
tongue.gif

Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to try searching on Bing for the Rev.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aero-Mach said:
I never got any errors, and I completed everything, I just wanna play Brawl and smash my brothers.

I never had an error, and it was clean except for the videos and choppy opening.

Sorry about the link, posted it on accident. I thought I copied the other link.

EDIT: Thanks Argentum Vir, would click a "Thanks" Button but there isn't one.
tongue.gif

Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to try searching on Bing for the Rev.
What's weird is that my friend was able to play through the entire SSE on that version. Seems like it only happens some of the time, and perhaps to only certain people.

Aero-Mach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see,

Well its too bad I couldn't get this solved for the next person that tries searching, best of luck to them, my advice would be is to find the old version of Cios Rev 20, not 20b, and use 249, base 57, custom slot 249/250,

It worked for me and whoever searches and doesn't find a solid answer, hopefully they will take that advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.