Hacking Super Smash Bros 4: RPG Edition! A CSS Mod!

KillzXGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a project me and @Trinsid decided to do. Thanks to Master-Rainbow, we're giving smash a nice cartoony RPG style to it. Again we cannot thank Master-Rainbow enough as he provided us with the art! (He also knows about the project)

What this will include is all character icons, and possibly recolors for CSPs along with portraits for everything including classic mode!

I4q5f14.jpg

In Game Preview (Slightly Outdated)
20160709_224320.jpg

Recolors:

ZufJSy3.png

Conclusion:
Now we can't do this alone. If you want to help with ui and backgrounds you can! We plan on updating this frequently and having an alpha build ready for those who want it. For those who wanna help I compiled a todo list.

Todo
  1. A custom background to fit the characters.
  2. A logo for the page
  3. More detailed forum post (I wanted to quickly post to get the word out)
  4. Possibly make alts for maybe all characters?
  5. Include modded costumes/characters that are RPG style?
  6. A title screen
  7. Stage art??
Please note Master-Rainbow will eventually create all characters in his own pace so making missing ones isn't necessary.

Credits!
Master-Rainbow's art.
http://master-rainbow.deviantart.com/gallery/

Trinsid for gradient backgrounds to suit characters, helped on recolors.

I compiled mods and worked on recolors.

Oh forgot, Mario, Luigi, and Bowser Jr., Bowser, and Peach are official art by Nintendo!

NOTE! If you use this you MUST credit Master-Rainbow!!!

Download:
Alpha Build v1.0

Install is in ReadMe.txt

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I scoffed at this at first, but I think one big advantage to this is that the art is easier on the eyes and registers more quickly if that makes any sense. Good job.

D

Deleted User

Eh, I don't like it but it looks really nice from a technical standpoint! Congrats

Trinsid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're actually starting a small team that coincides with this mod, KillzXGaming and I.
Kind of a community and kind of a modding team. Here's the website: www.smash-tk.tumblr.com

We'll be doing a lot more mod stuff together, so if you all like this then you should check out that website and join our Discord. :)

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
This is looking pretty cool. I wasn't a big fan of some of the other CSS mods out there, since they're aren't as refreshingly unique as this.

Can't wait to see the finished product! Do you guys plan to do a modified CSS layout or keep the positions standard to the base game?

KillzXGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is looking pretty cool. I wasn't a big fan of some of the other CSS mods out there, since they're aren't as refreshingly unique as this.

Can't wait to see the finished product! Do you guys plan to do a modified CSS layout or keep the positions standard to the base game?
We may add custom layouts as optional.

Reactions: MarinaTentacles

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been awhile. Here is an updated screenshot. May come back and update the progress of the thread soon.

.eJwFwUEOwiAQAMC_8ABglxakN_9Q9UgIJRTTFsKuJ-PfnfmKzzjEInbmTotSW6XUxiaJ24gly9JaOXLslWRqp4rMMe1nvpgUeDtZN1uEGyIYa1AhoDMzAHjtrPHorXrVGh6B0sj5or1xWJ9B6yncQb57Eb8_2vApCw.MS1E4AXItWAWJ2e9Vn3hi45oiug.jpg

Oh man, I've been thinking of getting into SSB4 hacking much like when I was making Brawl mods, but the process for Wii U game mods seems to be a little more time consuming methinks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)