Not open for further replies.

guycof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
So, what is the minimum version for this game (if anybody knows)?
Will I be able to run a physical copy, with my downgraded 3ds(4.5.5)?
Thank you very much

hugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unknown yet.
We'll know more the 3rd of October.
Worst case scenario is that it will come with a system update that can't be hacked, in which case you can't run it on a handheld that works with a Gateway card.
It would make sense for Nintendo to accompany a big first party release with a security update.

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um we will know more the 10th of september. Thats when the jpn version comes out. Then we will know about the us version the 3 of october.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the Japanese version comes out on the 13th not the 10th however we might have it by then because managers at game stores will be taking the game home early

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have one question though:

Why is nintendo not including the latest firmware in the latest games? (Third party ones)
i mean, isn't nintendo the one that introduces the final content to the cartridges (update, and game partition) ?.

i understand that developers usually dont have time to use features included in the recent firmwares, but nintendo could include the latest update beside the game content, which would bring the "system stability improvements" (and AP measures) to larger number of users...

MOHRCORE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Physical copy? Probably no, because nintendo forces users to make updates, but you might be even unable to run it from most flashcards. I've heard, that some games will require new features from 8.x firmware, and one of that games probably will be SSB4, because it'll support amiibo, so the game MIGHT be unplayable on older firmware (I think that depends on method used to check for amiibo presence) even with FW spoofing. The only solution is support for emuNAND 8.x and the only one flashcard, which support emuNAND 8.x is Gateway (and maybe Mt-Card soon, I wouldn't say r4 will have this feature even in 2015 :P).

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually it interests me how big the rom size will be cause Nintendo did make an annocement a while back that they would be making 8GB sizes, I wonder if this will be the first!:unsure:

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the Japanese version comes out on the 13th not the 10th however we might have it by then because managers at game stores will be taking the game home early
My bad it is the 13th. I wonder why i said the 10th......... something else might be going on that day for me......

alepman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably it'll work on emunand with 8.X but will ask for mandatory game update to play online (like Yokai watch2)and any one with no Jap 3DS or access to their eshop will be out of luck

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually it interests me how big the rom size will be cause Nintendo did make an annocement a while back that they would be making 8GB sizes, I wonder if this will be the first!:unsure:
I think they already announced that the eShop size is something near 2GB.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have one question though:

Why is nintendo not including the latest firmware in the latest games? (Third party ones)
i mean, isn't nintendo the one that introduces the final content to the cartridges (update, and game partition) ?.

i understand that developers usually dont have time to use features included in the recent firmwares, but nintendo could include the latest update beside the game content, which would bring the "system stability improvements" (and AP measures) to larger number of users...

The production process is a long one. It's not like they add the update a few days before the game is released; it's more like a few weeks to a month.

alepman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, higher resolution everything I would imagine.

DKCR 3d was the same size of wii's version,i bet Xenoblade for the new 3DS will be the first 8GB cart too
Brawl also has a huge collection of OST (around 2GB worth of mp3s)

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those thinking on playing the jap release what precaution measures would you recommend?

i'd say
1. make a backup of emunand
2. disable wifi at all until US version comes out.
3. restore the emunand backup to get rid of the logs.

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubt a patch anytime soon, the game also has to come out everywhere else for a patch since it would slow down the final stages of development. Only if a serious bug is found but thats usually a good while from release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1