Super Nintendo Emulator For DS Problem.

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DunkrWunkah, Nov 23, 2008.

Nov 23, 2008
  1. DunkrWunkah
    OP

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    Hi,

I have a problem with snemulDS. It seems that no games work. The only game that works for me is Super Mario World. If I try to run any other game I get a black screen and no loadage. Could someone please throw me a bone here?

2. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
    Yeah, a lot of games don't work very well, or at all.
    Assuming you're using the most recent build, 0.6a, and you're using a RAM Expansion (which helps a bit with some games), then you will get similar results to me:

Super Mario World, WORKS
    Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie, GLITCHY
    Lord of the Rings, BLACK SCREEN
    Chrono Trigger, GLITCHY
    Zelda, GLITCHY

...and so on.

All we can hope for is that either the original Developer picks up on the project again, or someone else makes their own amazing emulator. [​IMG]

3. Shabadage

Member Shabadage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The earlier SNES game tend to work better than the later ones. Contra III, Castlevania IV, even F-Zero.

4. DunkrWunkah
    OP

United States
    Well, you see.. Mario World is glitchy for me. I tried Mario RPG, does not work. I tried Mario All Stars, does not work. I even tried F-Zero! No luck. What could the problem be?

EDIT: No I am not using a RAM expansion.

5. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
    What Flashcart are you running it on? It's possible it could be due to the DLDI driver. Are you 100% sure you're running version 0.6a of SNEmulDS ?

6. DunkrWunkah
    OP

United States
    Not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure.

I am using Games N' Music, with DSorganize.

7. Shabadage

United States
    First off, ditch DSO and properly patch with the GnM DLDI patch. I've had problems with the patching through DSO on my GnM. Second, realize that the GnM is a half bastard flashcart, so in general it's not going to have the same compatibility as a full cart. If you need some help tracking down those DLDI drivers, let me know, I've got the website around here somewhere where you can get them (Took me AGES to find them, so wouldn't be surprised if you haven't found them).

8. DunkrWunkah
    OP

United States
    Okay, could you give me the link please? That would be very helpful.

Why should I ditch DSO? I don't understand what the patch does to GnM. I need an explanation.

9. Shabadage

United States
    Alright, basically a DLDI patch makes the file system of different cards work the same, so homebrew devs only have to worry about coding one type of filesystem. In the days before DLDI, there were specific versions for specific cards because they all worked slightly differently.

DSO patches at runtime, meaning that if you run the homebrew through DSO, it will work as if it's patched (But it's only a "virtual" patch). For some reason, on the GnM this can occasionally cause strange problems. Think of a DLDI patch as a driver (which it is) for your hardware.

That link I sent you is the DLDI wiki, where you can download the patcher tool and the patches. Once you patch the game (.nds) with the patcher, you won't need to run it through DSO anymore and can run it from the main Datel Menu. Also, get moonshell. The GnM video sucks horribly (You've probably already noticed this).

You came across that page with all the prepatched GnM homebrew didn't you?

10. DunkrWunkah
    OP

United States
    Thank you. I will try this soon.

11. Shabadage

United States
    Not a problem, if you come across any problems or have any questions, just PM me. I have a GnM and am willing to help out whenever.

12. Shabadage

United States
    You might try the other SNES emu too. That could be the one I got to run F-Zero. SnesDS I think. Also the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games work as well.

13. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Mario RPG not running is normal. All-Stars and F-zero not running is not normal. See http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS_Compatibility_List for a partial listing of games that SHOULD work.

Also aphirst, I've found Zelda Link to the Past to work fairly well actually. You just have to toggle one of the advanced options when in dungeons so that you go underneath bridges and overhangs properly.

14. Tall Alien

Banned Tall Alien Banned

United States
    its simple. buy a new flash cart