Super Modern Mario Bros.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

While the gaming industry is hitting new lows in terms of excitment and major game releases, console yourself (no pun intended) with this video: the first level of Super Mario Bros. 1 re-created with 3DSMax, with added special graphic and sound effects. I don't know about you, but I'd totally pay for a game like this.

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted User

In all serious-ness, this was an awesome work of 3DSmax, as a game, I think I would lose. A lot. :P (Fails to get flag)

liamash3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First time I ever saw mario die when jumping to get the flag - I like :)
It'd make it so that if you didn't get the top bit (the round bit), or just walk into it, you'd die. More challenge :)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The graphical style looks awful, and the camera zooming in and out makes it very difficult to watch, I can't imagine how irritating it would be to play. The sound effects are terrible, and when he gets the star and it doesn't make the star noise, it just makes the whole thing feel lifeless.

Nintendo games always have a little bit of the "x-factor" magic, and this little demo has no magic at all.

Reactions: 5 people

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
When games are remade, there's often a split, there's no way to make everybody happy. I mean look at stuff like New Super Mario Bros. for an attempt to remake old games with new graphics and mechanics. Those games are accepted by some, but hated by others for involving new concepts. Then look at things like Ocarina Of Time for the 3DS. That's a strict remake, and people say it's short and boring if you've played the original (but of course people wet their pants in anticipation for emulation so they can... play the original games?)

The graphical style looks awful, and the camera zooming in and out makes it very difficult to watch, I can't imagine how irritating it would be to play.
This. maybe it could be pulled off with replay-style things (like an instant replay of a good moment in a racing game), but realtime = no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass