Gaming Super Mario Maker 3DS (EU Nintendo Selects version) forcing you to update to 11.6

Hey_everyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, bought Super Mario Maker 3DS (it got released on Nintendo Selects the 29th of June 2018 in Europe, like it happened as well for DK CR 3d and ACNL Welcome Amiibo) on my New 3DS XL (got it for 99€ less than a month ago, they are clearing stocks, it's hard to get a new New 3DS XL, even harder for a New 3DS) on 11.3, and got f***d by Nintendo adding that upgrade on the cartridge -_- (original cartridge apparently needed 11.2).

(i also bought DK CR 3D and ACNL Welcome Amiibo in that Nintendo Selects june release - ACNL wasn't a Selects until last month in France and EU overall, but i'm gonna keep them sealed until i CFW my console because i don't want to try and rage to see them ask me to update as well - pretty irritating to have to do so when it's under warranty).
So if anyone has a stock console and has bought DK CR 3d or ACNL Welcome Amiibo Nintendo Selects in the EU version, can they tell me if they had to upgrade ? Thanks.

What a d*ck move from Nintendo OMG, it's hard to keep online functions from the wii u version of the game, but they bothered changing the cartridge of the game to add a mandatory update.
SuperMarioMaker11.6.jpg

Made this thread to whine but mostly to inform you, so if anyone knows if the same for DK CR 3d and Animal Crossing NL Welcome Amiibo in the EU Nintendo Selects version, let me know, thanks.

Hey_everyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And why does it matter?
What if i want to CF my console in the future ?
I pay for my games but what if i want to mod it, it's such a sneaky thing to force you to upgrade, especially on a game that is more than 1 year and a half old, and that needed 11.2 firmware originally.

I paid my retail game, yet i can't play it (not even access single player, game doesn't launch because i don't have the right firmware, if it was for online play, i would understand the need for an up to date firmware for security issues but for a single player it's so stupid)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I pay for my games but what if i want to mod it, it's such a sneaky thing to force you to upgrade, especially on a game that is more than 1 year and a half old, and that needed 11.2 firmware originally.

I paid my retail game, yet i can't play it (not even access single player, game doesn't launch because i don't have the right firmware, if it was for online play, i would understand the need for an up to date firmware for security issues but for a single player it's so stupid)
Well, yeah, bit you can just install cfw now and not have to worry about it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's ok to update, you can get cfw on like any fw with ntrboot. No real reason not to update now

Hey_everyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's ok to update, you can get cfw on like any fw with ntrboot. No real reason not to update now
Thanks for your reply.
Yeah i have a r4 (bought it for my 2DS) but soundhax seemed easier than ntr with the magnet on the New 3ds, New 2ds models.
I have other games to do as well, so i will put another cartridge into my N3DSXL, and keep it stock as of now.

Still quite a sneaky move from Nintendo, they bothered putting an update (i know it helps people without wifi) into a cartridge for a game whose content didn't change since first release in december 2016.
I was expecting the game to load as 3dsdb indicated a 11.2 firmware minimum needed.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your reply.
Yeah i have a r4 (bought it for my 2DS) but soundhax seemed easier than ntr with the magnet on the New 3ds, New 2ds models.
I have other games to do as well, so i will put another cartridge into my N3DSXL, and keep it stock as of now.

Still quite a sneaky move from Nintendo, they bothered putting an update (i know it helps people without wifi) into a cartridge for a game whose content didn't change since first release in december 2016.
I was expecting the game to load as 3dsdb indicated a 11.2 firmware minimum needed.
How exactly is it sneaky? Sony and nintendo, even xbox has done this for a hell of a long time. They dont want you on older firms. So they get to you update. Its the same shit they done for years.

Hey_everyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How exactly is it sneaky? Sony and nintendo, even xbox has done this for a hell of a long time. They dont want you on older firms. So they get to you update. Its the same shit they done for years.

I haven't owned a console from the current (nor previous PS360) generation so i guess i'm out of touch of the current things, but don't remember having to update things on PS2 or first Xbox (the PS2 did not have a hard drive so i understand, but the xbox had a 8GB iirc drive and you didn't have to update to launch games).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: He's the reason why the banks closed lol.