Super Mario Maker 2 Direct - Roundup

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 15, 2019.

1. astralskeptic

astralskeptic Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    United States
    Kinda sucks that there isn't an online multiplayer level editor. Everything else looks awesome though!

Last edited by astralskeptic, May 17, 2019
  2. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    I was hoping for an over world editor, but everything looks great other wise!

Seelbreaker likes this.
  3. sergey3000

sergey3000 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2013
    Iceland
    This is the best game I ever seen in my life. And this is the first time I'm saying it.
    This game alone may convince me to buy online subscription and cancel the jailbreak.
    If I wouldn't had a switch I would replace my PS4 pro for it. And I'm not sarcastic.
    This game blowed my mind. And it's not easy to do. The last game that did it to me was super Mario world for snes.

Last edited by sergey3000, May 16, 2019
  4. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    You might be banned though.

5. drrastovac

drrastovac Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2014
    D6rl_AoWwAEQByB.

Adr990, tatumanu and mightymuffy like this.
  6. RPG_FAN128

RPG_FAN128 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2018
    United States
    For sure. It is more a matter of playing one thing at a time. The second I start in on Switch there is a good dozen games I know I want to play. And coupled with SMM2 I'm afraid that everything else (even retro games that I like to sprinkle in occasionally) will be completely neglected for a loooooong time.

7. jt_1258

jt_1258 Something

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    wait a sec, to bandwagon your idea. Look at the time stamp it happens at, now look at a calendar. hehehe, it feels like crazy talk trying to stretch that hard but it being such a coincadence it feels too much like it's connected.

8. LoganK93

LoganK93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 5, 2012
    United States
    I don't mean local wireless though. As far as the trailer showed, only building is done on one screen. All the multiplayer footage was about online or local wireless. Though the eshop page says 1-4, that could still be wrong.

9. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Man people find all kinds of odd reasons to not like games...

DarthDub, Pluupy and jt_1258 like this.
  10. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Fan

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I hope it has lots of spaghetti!

11. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Looking forward to all the Kaizo Mario levels.

12. rich333

rich333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2009
    I love the Swtich but still prefer the WiiU, until now... I got the switch pretty much for Oddessy and a few recent indy games too new for a WiiU release (because i prefer playing on the TV instead of PC)

I just really hope that there is local multiplayer on one console!

Would love to see a way for hacked switches to have access to the uploaded levels somehow or I will have a reason to regret hacking...

13. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    Not sure how it's weird. If you spend 100's of hours playing the old ones, only to find Super Mario Maker, and see that they didn't make things the way it's based on, it's a big let down.

14. TheTechWiz25

TheTechWiz25 GBAtemp's Personal Computer Wiz

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    @Chary Will you be getting SMM2? I'd love to see you create some levels and maybe give your own review of it. I'll still buy it no matter what though lol.

15. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    I'm hopeful that we get a copy from Nintendo, but I'll be taking a vacation during the time it launches iirc. I've got it pre-ordered at the very least, and am very excited to play it.

loler55 likes this.
  16. TheTechWiz25

TheTechWiz25 GBAtemp's Personal Computer Wiz

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    I would be glad to take any copies Nintendo sends. Maybe I can be the reviewer for this game xD.

17. Scarlet

Scarlet A Convenient Oddity

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Nothing set in stone but I'll probably be the one to review it, you'd have a line of mag staff to fight before you got any kind of code lol

loler55 and Arras like this.
  18. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    Which is how you download maps. They said that you're able to access course world with a Nintendo Switch Online subscription

19. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I was already hyped for SMM2, but after seeing the sheer amount of new stuff I'm even more hyped.
    I'm especially looking forward to the multiplayer, both coop and VS. NSMB was fun in multiplayer, but it seemed like more of a hindrance than a help, so VS makes far more sense than coop. But having stages that require cooperation makes coop much more interesting. And I'm glad they added online multiplayer as well, so if I get bored of making/playing levels by myself at home, I can hop on online. Sounds like a blast.

20. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Dont forget that you have to clear Any builded Level First Alone to Upload it . having stages that require cooperation is Not possible or ninty make IT that WE can clear it after Level building with 4 people . I dont think ninty make that

But WE can make Levels where IT IS easyer to clear it with 4 people

I would Love IT when The builder can decide how many Players required to clear it and a statistic where i can see how many single plaYer clear it and how many multiplayer

I mean More Players in Mario is Like cheating

Last edited by loler55, May 20, 2019 at 9:12 PM