Gaming Super Mario Galaxy impressions

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
It's fantastic, the graphics are great, the sound is great (especially with external speakers
wink.gif
).
Just love it. It owns Mario 64. ;D

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I am the only one that thinks this game is just so-so.

Then again I never thought SM64 was that great. Too repetative gong through each world 8 times.

Played SMG for aobut 45 min. It was ok. Nothing to make me think it is fantastic.

I still think Mario makes for a better 2D platform.

Yellowman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't listen to the idiots who downplayed it in this thread, their opinion aint worth shit, probably spend most of their time inventing new racist slurs on Halo 3. Super Mario Galaxy is fucking amazing, if I didn't desperately need money to live I would not be working right now and would be sat in front of the sofa with a spliff and some hardcore beautiful platforming.

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was really dissapointed with SMG in the very beginning (before the main story takes place). But then as soon as the game got into full swing, holy crap! Its amazing!.

And the music! its just incredible!

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to the idiots who downplayed it in this thread, their opinion aint worth shit, probably spend most of their time inventing new racist slurs on Halo 3. Super Mario Galaxy is fucking amazing, if I didn't desperately need money to live I would not be working right now and would be sat in front of the sofa with a spliff and some hardcore beautiful platforming.

Wow, I guess you don't think people are deserving of their opinions unless they are the exact same as yours? And when they don't agree you take the opportunity to verbally abuse them? I thought that posting in a forum was a way of expressing your opinion freely and being able to read the combined opinions of others to become better informed about a topic, but according to you, I'm wrong.

shineget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've played it through to 60 stars and beat it, now i'm playing through trying to get 120.

I'd say it is to Mario 64 what twilight princess was to OoT. just a traditional mario game, they don't try to fix was isn't broken. It has everything everyone wanted from a mario game. traditional levels, enemies and even power-ups. with a load of new ones for good measure. Of course the difference between this and TP is this feels like a wii game, where as twilight princess felt like a ported gamecube game. the graphics and music are some of the best on wii. And the wii jestures don't feel tacked on, they feel natural.
QUOTE said:
The only bad thing I can think of with this game is the fact that it seems to be quite linear.

i agree with this. in mario 64 there was levels where it was, here's the title of the level and here's some massive level, sort that lot out. which was awesome, adventuring round and trying to figure out what i was supposed to be doing. in galaxy at no point did i not know exactly where i was going. it's mostly do this, move to next area repeat til end.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After playing for a few hours, here's my run-through.

The graphics are amazing, as is the music and sound fx. It really does look and sound amazing.

It took me a bit to get used to the controls when walking upside down. Kind of hard for me to measure jumps and things like that when I wasn't straight up and down.

I also get the feel that this is it's own game. I k now some are comparing it to M64 but in space, but I didn't get that feel.

The only bad thing I can think of with this game is the fact that it seems to be quite linear. The worlds seems REALLY small, and I'm not just talking about the mini planets. The worlds themselves just don't seem too expansive. I was looking forward to exploring all corners of a level, but I do it unknowingly, because it doesn't seem that there are any really out of the way areas. Granted I'm only at the beginning of the game, so there may be a chance that it changes, and I hope so. Because I think everything else pretty much rules.

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just finished the game now (60 stars, endboss etc) and wow.. its so freaking great.

Its like playing Mario 64 in space. The graphics are amazing for the wii with a lot of special effects and what not.. its just great how everything flashes to you. And absolutly NO LOADINGTIMES! You just go from level to level and well, you fly and you are there.

I had some problems with the controll at the beginning cuz of these planets.. but it really worked great after some time.. you just have to get used to it.

There are a lot of "old school" levels, like 2d style (but in 3d ^^) and wow..

You just have to play it, to believe it
wink.gif

If you played mario 64, you will love this one (its not as good, but it is very good!)

PS: Sunshine sucks

wktr

Trophies
XP
Country
Wonderful game. It has fantastic music and the graphics are superb. One thing that bothers me though is the difficulty level. It's to easy and to short. One star takes like 5 minutes to get, and the galaxies feel to empty.

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, al lot of it is very easy. Some are very hard. Not much in the middle. Levels do seem short compared to some of those doozies in SM64. But then I only have 24 stars so maybe they get harder and longer.

Yellowman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I guess you don't think people are deserving of their opinions unless they are the exact same as yours?  And when they don't agree you take the opportunity to verbally abuse them?  I thought that posting in a forum was a way of expressing your opinion freely and being able to read the combined opinions of others to become better informed about a topic, but according to you, I'm wrong.

And I thought it was passe to be a whiny Interwebs geek. 'My opinion has VALUE! These words, on teh internets they are serious business!!!!'

Most people on the internet don't have opinions anymore, they just say stuff to get attention. If a lot of people like something, some knobhead is bound to come along and whine about how they don't like it. They probably haven't even played it or if they did play it they were wondering the whole time about what they should whine about on message boards. Mario Galaxy is to all intents and purposes a masterfully crafted platformer. If you don't like it, give real reasons not bollocks. So stuff like...
'I don't play it at this time every day, but i will for sure to end the game, but it doesn't give me the feel of, WOW, Another innovating Mario game.'
Is just bollocks, don't blame the game for your ridiculous expectations.
'It was ok. Nothing to make me think it is fantastic. I still think Mario makes for a better 2D platform.'
And Bioshock, Halo and Half Life are just FPS's. They are ok, nothing to make me think they are fantastic. And sex with 20 beautiful girls is just sex with 20 beautiful girls. Doesn't FEEL that different from sex with one ugly fat chick. And a million dollars is just a lot of paper. I still think the world would work better if we hadn't industrialised. The past was better etc...

These are all stupid opinions. For many many many more just read the internet.

mojario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I guess you don't think people are deserving of their opinions unless they are the exact same as yours? And when they don't agree you take the opportunity to verbally abuse them? I thought that posting in a forum was a way of expressing your opinion freely and being able to read the combined opinions of others to become better informed about a topic, but according to you, I'm wrong.

And I thought it was passe to be a whiny Interwebs geek. 'My opinion has VALUE! These words, on teh internets they are serious business!!!!'

Most people on the internet don't have opinions anymore, they just say stuff to get attention. If a lot of people like something, some knobhead is bound to come along and whine about how they don't like it. They probably haven't even played it or if they did play it they were wondering the whole time about what they should whine about on message boards. Mario Galaxy is to all intents and purposes a masterfully crafted platformer. If you don't like it, give real reasons not bollocks. So stuff like...
'I don't play it at this time every day, but i will for sure to end the game, but it doesn't give me the feel of, WOW, Another innovating Mario game.'
Is just bollocks, don't blame the game for your ridiculous expectations.
'It was ok. Nothing to make me think it is fantastic. I still think Mario makes for a better 2D platform.'
And Bioshock, Halo and Half Life are just FPS's. They are ok, nothing to make me think they are fantastic. And sex with 20 beautiful girls is just sex with 20 beautiful girls. Doesn't FEEL that different from sex with one ugly fat chick. And a million dollars is just a lot of paper. I still think the world would work better if we hadn't industrialised. The past was better etc...

These are all stupid opinions. For many many many more just read the internet.

So he gave his opinion without a full explanation. Instead of abusing him straight off(which seemed to be because his opinion differed from yours), you could just politely ask for an explanation
smile.gif

monty0ntherun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say it is one of the best platform 3D games I have everplayed, the GFX are the best so far on the Wii IMO, the controls are perfect IMO, and the difficulty level is spot on IMO.

Big thumbs up for this one!!!
smile.gif

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
I am a bit conflicted on this. Some parts of the game is pure gold, but most of it is giving me headaches. I don´t really buy into the whole gravity thing as it´s mostly annoying and difficult to control. And the camera seems to have some problems.

For the most part the game is pretty good, but pales when compared to 64 gameplay wise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth: