Super Mario Galaxy impressions

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by tjas, Oct 30, 2007.

Oct 30, 2007

Super Mario Galaxy impressions by tjas at 2:53 PM (4,550 Views / 0 Likes) 42 replies

1. tjas
    OP

Member tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    For the people that have the game working please post your impressions here [​IMG]

No Spamming!
    No modchip talk!
    No theories
    No possible patches
    No so called wiikey updates

Only talk about the game itself, I don't want this thread to end up as the official one...

So how is the game? [​IMG]

2. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    i played the game for 20 minutes at a gamespot yesterday and i have to say i liked it feels like the old n64 game but in 3d lol

even the way mario runs seems to be based off the n64 version anyone notice that ?

i liked it :-) and im not into the wii that much

3. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    i am still waiting for the game (germany = no gamestop demos...) and have a few questions to those people who already play it:

What do you exactly mean with "feels like n64" ?

How is the game compared to Mario Sunshine?

Is the story really interesting?

Thanks in adv [​IMG]

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I was playing it at a mate of mine and its fucking incredible! While I liked 64 & Sunshine I've always felt that they were more spin offs than actually Mario games.

Galaxy is a proper Mario game! Feels like the old 2D games but in 3D. I loved it, its on pre-order now and I can't wait until I get it alone so I can give it some of my fat bitch love.

5. blackstripes

Newcomer blackstripes Member

United States

[​IMG] just WOW.

6. crstofer

Newcomer crstofer Member

United States
    The game is awesome and worth BUYING.. support developers on this one !! [​IMG]

7. bihdamir

Newcomer bihdamir Member

Canada
    its the game to get for the wii, especially if you know and love the whole mario franchise, graphics are great and gameplay is well designed to suit the wii, ie using the wii remote. this is a must play, i just poped it in for 15 mins and was very impressed.... damn you school lol but soon ill get back on it

8. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I loved it! Only played for 45 minutes but it's great. Love the start of the game.

Feels much nicer than M64 and better than sunshine. Having the smaller sphere levels is a really good idea for mario gameplay.

Once you get all the stars you can play as Luigi [​IMG] He jumps higher as usual and has worse traction. Much harder to play through with him apparently.

9. electricsashimi

Member electricsashimi GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I played for about an hour, I heard people say that to beat the game with minimum amount of stars you only need to play like 8 hours,

i think the beginning is a bit dissapointing since I was expected A LOT from it. It gets way better after you go to the second galaxy in the JunkYard stage

10. topboy

Newcomer topboy Advanced Member

Canada
    OMG, Ima pee my self. Its 12:36 where i am and my download is gonna finnish in a sec. Gotta extract, burn and play. Then the verdict

11. ilostmyshoes

Newcomer ilostmyshoes Member

Canada
    I've gotten 33 stars so far. Ive been trying to get them all except the secret ones.
    So I'm only on like the 3rd observatory.
    Fun game.
    Controls are pretty easy to get the hang of.

Definitely worth paying for.

Reminds me a lot of Mario 64. Which is a good thing.

12. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Half an hour ago I did the 10-15% trick on my PAL Wii, and I'm so happy I'm enjoying this game now. I've played the first level and it's SOOO slick and crisp. The colours, the music. Everything is perfect! I love the strange topsy turvy effect when you walk around those miniplanets.

What a victory for Nintendo this is going to be. EVERYBODY will want this game!

I'm a true happy man right now!

Huzzay for the Wiikey! They did it (I knew they wouldn't let us down this time)

13. gitkua

Member gitkua GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Did the 10% update trick as well on my PAL Wiikey'ed Wii, no double channels or semi-brick.

The game is beautiful, nice graphics, best I've seen on the Wii, although Metroid is nearly as good. Gameplay wise it's awesome, really fun, fast and a lot of action. I did need to get used to the whole planet, orb world thing. Sometimes the camera or mario is upside down, I got a bit sick to the stomach on the first 10 minutes. But after I got used to it, there's nothing left to say but; this is a winner!

14. L0cky

Newcomer L0cky Member

Netherlands
    got 33 stars atm
    and here is my opionion

this is the best game since i played RE4 on the gamecube
    the first hyped game this year that delivers every thing that you heard about it
    Grapichs=> simply amazing , its put almost every other wii game to shame some parts really come close to a xbox 360 game.
    sound=> words cant discribe how good the music is , sometimes i put the controller down for a few secs only to listen to the beautiful music and effects.
    Gameplay => mind blowing every corner something new and fun to see , almost never a dull moment, this is mario action at its best.

this is a winner people , best platformer since M64.
    also i wanne mention the game physics in this game are among the best i ever seen so far.
    my vote game of the year =>mario galaxy [​IMG]

verdict 11 out of 10 [​IMG]

15. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States

your a scum bag buy the game ass

16. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Played a bit more yesterday, I think its the best game ever made! Its just genius, its basically what I've wanted in a Mario 3D title.

17. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Wow, does anyone have anything bad to say about the game? :wtf: I've heard nothing but good things from this, but I wanna know what kind of flaws it has. Without spoilers of course [​IMG]

I don't have a modded Wii, so I'll be buying it as soon as its released. I'm trying to be patient, but the suspense is killing me. [​IMG]

18. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    apparently this isn't doing very well in japan

19. hanman

Member hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

United States
    you know that sense of awe and wonder you felt the first time you played Mario 64? i haven't felt that since i got my 64 on launch day, until yesterday when i updated my WiiKey. my first impression is that the game is as good or better than Mario 64. seriously. i had to force myself to turn it off and go to bed. i thought about calling in sick to work this morning, and i would have if i didn't work at a hospital. i freaking dreamed about the game last night. this game will not leave my wii for a while. at least no sooner than Brawl comes out.

20. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    As i told in another topic:

First: I loved SM64, it was a damned fine game, SMG has the same feel and after playing some time It's all SM64 again.
    I was dissapointed after all the hype (Yeah the game is overhyped)
    I don't play it at this time every day, but i will for sure to end the game, but it doesn't give me the feel of, WOW, Another innovating Mario game.
    I played SM64 again a bit to feel the difference, and the difference i found is: It's SM64 in space on the Wii played with a WiiMote.

It's a good game, but it's not to say, WOW!

I'm not a hard-core gamer, I just play randomly a game for a few hours on any of my consoles, not every day.

Ah well it's just MY opinion [​IMG] and who am i, you just asked for it and i answered it [​IMG]
    Everybody has another feel/look/opinion about a game, some love it some hate it some don't have an opinion, that's the beauty about us people, We all look different to things!