Hacking Super Mario Galaxy - Game Read Problems?

denk1025

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently softmodded using the "Modify Any Wii" Tutorial on this site.

I have Neogamma 7 and when I went to play SMG, the entire opening sequence video was choppy and seemed like it was reading slowly.

I am very new to this, so I'm wondering: Is this a common problem? Is it fixable? Do all games read slowly?

I burned using Verbatim DVD+R DL, is the disc the problem? The write speed? Do I need to change burning settings?

LOL Sorry for all the questions I just wanna get everything out of the way so I wont have any further noob questions.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I hope it's a fixable issue, I would hate for all my back-ups to play like that. Thanks!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
denk1025 said:
Recently softmodded using the "Modify Any Wii" Tutorial on this site.

I have Neogamma 7 and when I went to play SMG, the entire opening sequence video was choppy and seemed like it was reading slowly.

I am very new to this, so I'm wondering: Is this a common problem? Is it fixable? Do all games read slowly?

I burned using Verbatim DVD+R DL, is the disc the problem? The write speed? Do I need to change burning settings?

LOL Sorry for all the questions I just wanna get everything out of the way so I wont have any further noob questions.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I hope it's a fixable issue, I would hate for all my back-ups to play like that. Thanks!QUOTE(Killakae @ Nov 7 2009, 08:09 PM) dont use a DL discs...
You two are both Noobs...the Thread Starter is even a realy big one.

Man, first get a bit into the Scene, and learn something. If you don't want that, then use the fuck*ing Search Button. First: Why did you burned it to a DL-DVD? A normal, Single Layer is the one you should use....and DVD-Backups are limited to 3x Reading Speed, that's why they are slow/choppy. Get an USBLoader or an ModChip if you don't want that.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^^
What he said. Use dvd -R media, or when you use +R: change the booktype to -R.

This may not fix your issue though. Disc backups run on 3x speed apposed to 6x speed original discs use. If you can afford a usb-drive I'd recommend this, because that runs even quicker that 6x speed.

denk1025

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok yeah thanks I'm a noob at this... feel better?

Anyway, so no dvd backups play at the same speed as their originals? All dvds will be choppy? Is that what you're tellin me?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most solder in mod chips allow backups to be played at 6x. Non solder ones (drivekey, etc) will only run games at 3x.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
denk1025 said:
Ok yeah thanks I'm a noob at this... feel better?

Anyway, so no dvd backups play at the same speed as their originals? All dvds will be choppy? Is that what you're tellin me?

No some games run smoothly on 3x, others don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters