Super Mario Galaxy 2 "Best Game Ever?"

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Slyakin, May 24, 2010.

1. Slyakin
    OP

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    New Mario verdict in: tricky, but could be the best yet

Source

2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    No doubt in my mind got to the secong world, Im taking it all in also taking my time over this masterpeice, got to be the best game ever, ever to date!!! a must have. [​IMG]

3. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    There are people who never got into Galaxy who love Galaxy 2. Its one of those games that throws something different at you every now and again and so it never becomes stale.

Its certainly an instant classic one I don't see diminishing with age but will be some time before we can consider it for best game ever or even best Mario.

4. HaniKazmi

HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    Manchester
    Best game ever? Probably not. Best game yet? Definately. I havent had this much fun with a game in ages. And its actually hard this time around.

5. Slyakin
    OP

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    Yeah, it probably won't be the best game ever, and if it will, it won't be for a while. The best game ever is... Ocarina of Time, right? I hated that game.

6. Fluto

Fluto A potato in disguise

Apr 17, 2009
    The Moon
    no SSBB is XD

7. HaniKazmi

Jan 30, 2008
    Manchester
    SSBB had far too many problems to considered best game ever.

8. Fluto

Fluto A potato in disguise

Apr 17, 2009
    The Moon
    like what?

9. HaniKazmi

Jan 30, 2008
    Manchester
    1. Who though random tripping was a good idea?
    2. Too many of the characters are clones
    3. Too unbalanced unless you only play final destination with no items.
    4. Shitty, laggy online.

thats just off the top of my head. I'm not saying its a bad game, just not the best game ever.

10. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Shitty online, bad character balancing. It's by far not considered the best fighting game.

It's certainly one of the best games ever made, Galaxy 2, but IDK if I'd give it the title of "best". Yet again I don't consider any one game to be "the best game".

11. david432111

david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2008
    Denmark
    It's official, it's aggregate score at metcritic is 98, 1 better than it's predecessor. [​IMG]

12. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Poorly implemented co-op play, camera not always responsive, some characters are useless to play, friend codes, single player fighting isn't that great.

While most wont care when playing with friends, the above proves its not a perfect and so can't be best game ever. Preferred Melee anyway.

13. referencer

referencer GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2008
    United States
    Playing that way vastly exacerbates the balance issues, not the other way around.

14. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Like Hadrian said, some people are getting into this, yet they couldn't get into the first one. I feel that way. I've been loving every minute of this game, and it's great. It's not THE best game out there in my opinion, but it definitely is one of the best to me.

15. HaniKazmi

Jan 30, 2008
    Manchester
    Not really. I can beat any character using any character on that stage against my brother. Any other stage, or items enabled and we both win about half the time.

16. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Not this again.
    Had the same newsposts when the first one came out, I hate the title 'best game ever.'
    That title is purely subjective, my best game ever is CoD 2, I know no one on the temp agrees with that, but so what, that's my opinion.

SMG 1 and 2 are both fantastic games, I usually don't like these kind of games, but even I must agree that when you play either, you can just sense the perfection in those games, everything feels perfect.
    I'm sad I don't like these games so much, I suck at them, else I would learn to appreciate these games more.
    The fact that several websites give them a perfect score just proves that hyping games up still is rampant.
    The game is very good, but I doubt there really aren't weak points and if it doesn't get old soon.

17. referencer

referencer GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2008
    United States
    That doesn't mean anything except that you're good on Final Destination.

18. HaniKazmi

Jan 30, 2008
    Manchester
    Whichever way around it is then, we can both agree that its unbalanced except in a few special cases?

19. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    i got bored of the 1st smg game, and haven't even touched the 2nd as i am busy with my ps3, i don't personally think this is the best mario game ever, super mario world on the snes has the title of that, but i don't expect you kids to remember that game.

20. HaniKazmi

Jan 30, 2008
    Manchester
    You're judging it without even having played it? I've played super mario world (along with every single other major mario game) and i still consider this to be the best mario game yet.

edit: oops, extra word.