Hacking Super Mario Galaxy 2 Backup loader info

bigganum

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Playing from sd card with neogamma r8 on a PAL console seems to be working flawlessly.
smile.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
discs only work on NTSC wiis they reckon.
1 guy reckons he got his working on 4.2e with a d2ckey
Works ok for me on my pal machine through the disk channel with both softmod and chip.

oneballnoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if there's any of the levels where you have to clean up the trash from the planet with the robot and its timed? My memory is hazy but I think thats what it was and the last one was super hard.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I first loaded it onto the same sd memory card as I have new super mario brothers and it worked via neogamma r9 beta 11 and then I burned it to disk and it loaded that way too from the same neogamma loader using ios249 (rev 14)

I forgot to mention I have an ntsc wii

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAY! SUPER FUCKING EXCITED! On my sources though, I see it's scrubbed. Has anyone found an unscrubbed version at all? If so, please send me the release name of it in a PM?

Nevermind, forget it. I'll just deal with the scrubbed version.

I am VERY VERY VERY surprised though that there is no AP on this...

Watch everyone get to the very last boss, and before the endscene of the whole game, you get a white/green/black screen and it freezes.
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super_Mario_Galaxy_2_USA_Wii-iND

Game is cum worthy, not many games are like that. I'm only not playing it now because the kid is watching her program and my other telly is shit.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
Super_Mario_Galaxy_2_USA_Wii-iND

Game is cum worthy, not many games are like that. I'm only not playing it now because the kid is watching her program and my other telly is shit.

Oh, sweet. Thanks for that. But one site only has it and it has 0 seeders and 0 peers. Guess I'll just wait for a while then.
tongue.gif

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
works across the board for me 4.2e cios249rev17, cfg,gx wiiflow and neogamma, all from wbfs and also ntfs for cfg, didnt change anything, dled cover and worked fine

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tanas said:
Bladexdsl said:
discs only work on NTSC wiis they reckon.
1 guy reckons he got his working on 4.2e with a d2ckey
Works ok for me on my pal machine through the disk channel with both softmod and chip.

Which chip are you using and you just tried it through the disc-channel with your chip?
how is it even possible to play through disc-channel on 4.2 an NTSC game on a PAL wii?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
lol, Super.Mario.Galaxy.2.USA.Wii-iND is just the generic naming structure given to this scrubbed release , as it was released by an independant person, its just been repacked. definately not scene and definately not full iso, all releases are same source, game partition only 1417MB. Its classic how Of that 1400, 995 is Audio streams, also the disc is full of more test level folders than real levels and the e3 demos are still there too.....lol, Maybe this is the final build before going gold, Hence disc full of crap, no ap and audio possibly not final score, hence small size
EDIT: I just tested disc from disc channel works fine. PAL her 4.2e Softmod, no chip, played in all loaders too. Have cioscorp3.5 i think, no darkcorp, Hasnt not played anyway i have tried although havent changed any settings on anything. So it definately works on pal from disc

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
tHciNc Posted Today, 04:33 PM
works across the board for me 4.2e cios249rev17, cfg,gx wiiflow and neogamma, all from wbfs and also ntfs for cfg, didnt change anything, dled cover and worked fine

I've got the exact same set up running 4.2E,USBloader GX (rev929) with cios249 rev 17. The games starts fine, I select a new file, click to start the game and it hangs on a black screen. I've tried cios rev19 but it hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
megatron_lives said:
QUOTE said:
tHciNc Posted Today, 04:33 PM

I've got the exact same set up running 4.2E,USBloader GX (rev929) with cios249 rev 17. The games starts fine, I select a new file, click to start the game and it hangs on a black screen. I've tried cios rev19 but it hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Not sure of your issue, not sure what revision of gx im running, its old, maybe 874, whenever i goto start it takes me to my ship or start a new game it takes about 5 secs then i get a screen that says "Now let me tell you a story that also begins with stardust" lol. Neogamma is R8, cfg is 55a and Wiiflow is 1.1 i think. Got Hermes v4 that what was only used when i loaded from ntsc i think.
Its the same.. PRETIME (COMPLETE) Super.Mario.Galaxy.2.Wii.ISO 6 hours 32 minutes ago
You mean new pre on that site. Its the same old release dammit, just another persons repacked and this time put scrubbed in the name. Look out for many more. Wait till it says an actual console groups name, then it will be the real deal whole iso

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick reply tHciNc,

I'll just keep trying. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to load the game story you've mentioned.

What settings do you use to specifically load it through GX? error02 , video mode etc. That would be a great help, as I've seen posts for various settings, but nothing works.

thanks buddy

I've just noticed playing it again - it doesn't hang on a black screen after starting a new game, as I can press the home button, and get the home menu up. I guess it's just not playing something.... Strange....

I might have to try another dump, although I got it from a very good site (you know the one..... )

gsarlis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
So... just to clarify, the non-scene release is the final build? I don't wanna waste my bandwidth with an earlier and not full build. I've got this one, Super.Mario.Galaxy.2.USA.Wii-iND, the one tHciNc uploaded some hours ago.

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol never mind folks, I've got it working with USB Loader GX AND disc now. My first disc was just a bad burn. I'm using a PAL 4.1 Wii with Neogamma R8 Final. Woo hoo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw