Homebrew Super Mario Bros on r4

El Rey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using nesds emulator and dldi patcher v0.32. The patcher indicated successful but it still plays the same.

Posts merged

I am using nesds emulator and dldi patcher v0.32. The patcher indicated successful but it still plays the same.

El Rey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It plays but it starts at level 0-1 and you can not finish the stage. The audio and video look good. Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3 work perfectly (nes). I use the same rom on my psp (with custom firmware), pc and wii (with homebrew channel) and it plays good. For some reason, it plays weird on the r4 for nds.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
El Rey said:
It plays but it starts at level 0-1 and you can not finish the stage. The audio and video look good. Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3 work perfectly (nes). I use the same rom on my psp (with custom firmware), pc and wii (with homebrew channel) and it plays good. For some reason, it plays weird on the r4 for nds.

Mysterious world 0.

Bad ROM.

Some emulators pick it up, some don't. It has to do with the header or something.

Google "Super Mario Bros nes rom stuck at 0-1"

Edit: Although I haven't tried it in nesDS (So I don't even know if it works, this sounds like the general problem though that a lot of people have since the pirate dump is a rather easy to find dump), try running the rom in Nestopia (Many other emulators for the PC will play the rom fine, something about clearing the RAM to 0x00, Nestopia will set it to 0xFF) and see what happens.

Edit 2: Also try holding A and pressing Start when at the new game screen.

El Rey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works good for me with Fcea081win on PC.

Holding "A" down in the title screen and starting the game worked like a champ.

Thanks guys for all the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head