Gaming Super Mario Bros. 3 on Wii has graphical errors...

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought SMB3 for the Wii (US Console) and SMB3 has a bar on the left side and when I start the first level, running causes the pixels on the right side to like scroll as they load? Not sure if I am describing it right...anyone else experiences anything like this? I can post a video if it helps...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats how it was on the original NES, and the point of VC is to recreate everything, including flaws, which is, IMO kinda stupid.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember anything like that on my ROMs or on my original cartridge. I've heard some bad things about some VC games though -- the original Zelda is hella dark and the colors are off, for instance. Could be a VC flub.

Can you post a screenshot/pic?

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
same with me bud, just got smb3 like 4 days ago, i got to level 4 so far, (no flute use) and every level if you walk slow, big pixel blocks on the right side :S thought it was normal as nes game. if someone could show some light be sweet i guess, doens't matter to me as good ol game lol

Supertag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason the Wii's NES emulator emulates the flaws of the NES
sonofwaffle.gif

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It would be nice if Ninetedo, or if a Hack is made that we could tweek options in VC, for example, in Zsnes and other emulatiors you can enhance the graphics useing some thing called the super egale mode: thiers lots of these mod for difrent effects but basicly makes every thing really smooth looking and none pixalted, a very cool featre

In my opinion, in some ways i like the idea of preserving the flaws of the clasic games, give the whole nostalgic feeling to it, oh how i miss the simpler days, nes, Oh man it would be sweet having that big arcade nes controller for all thos old games do you remember it?
Picture of it
oh man that was sweet back in the day, even if it wasn't as good as the hand held it was soo fun. oh well take care of thos classic nes games man, thier so old they might break
wink.gif

Sailor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You too? I thought it was just a problem with my Wii...I don't remember these glitches when I was a kid, but it doesn't really annoy me once I get into the game. I never beat it as a kid, so I downloaded it with my spare points
biggrin.gif

Currently on World 7, without using the flute cheat..so close!

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I own SMB3 for NES, the bar on the left side is there, and the pixels you are talking about that move are actually required by the game to keep IRQ counters working. A recent ROM hack removed them and it blew up half of the game, but even when fixing it all, once you got to the final Bowser fight, things were corrupted because it didn't have it. Also, as you progress through the screens the palletes are messed up on the next line for a second, just like the original. When you make an emulator, it has to emulate the NES, not the game. That's why all of this shows up on VC also, and Nintendo couldn't simply edit the emulator to change that as it would blow up things and not work for other games that may rely on things. For instance, randomness in games is based on RAM checks, if they edited the emulator and fixed bugs and whatnot, it would make the games random checks different and then it wouldn't be faithful to the original game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr