Hacking Super Mario 64 DS crashes with R4

infamous6622

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after killing King Bob-Omb using Yoshi and then collecting the 1st Star causes the game to crash. it freezes and soft reset doesnt even work.

i have tried with both Super Mario EU rom and the Super Mario DS US v1.1 rom, and i have also tried it using my my 2 different micro sd cards, one is a 1gb kingston(japan) and the other is 1gb sandisk. it crashes at the exact same place all the time.

can somebody please test these with the R4 and post there results, it right at the start of the game, it about 5 minutes into a new game.

i really hope it not just me, please post what rom you are using and what micro sd

i currently using firmware 1.08

Thanks in advance

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
after killing King Bob-Omb using Yoshi and then collecting the 1st Star causes the game to crash. it freezes and soft reset doesnt even work.

i have tried with both Super Mario EU rom and the Super Mario DS US v1.1 rom, and i have also tried it using my my 2 different micro sd cards, one is a 1gb kingston(japan) and the other is 1gb sandisk. it crashes at the exact same place all the time.

can somebody please test these with the R4 and post there results, it right at the start of the game, it about 5 minutes into a new game.

i really hope it not just me, please post what rom you are using and what micro sd

i currently using firmware 1.08

Thanks in advance

It works, flawlessly.

Try another rom, or another trimmer.

infamous6622

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay problem solved, redownloaded another.

but anyone know why i had 2 bad roms (eu & US), what i trying to say is EU was dumped by so and so.., and the US v.1.1 was dumped by so and so.. , so why would a redownloaded version which were originally dumped by these groups work??

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Um... maybe a cloned R4? Dunno, works perfect for me
biggrin.gif

TheValeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This game locked up with both the EU & US versions of the ROM on my Supercard in the same place ..... just after flattening King Bomb-on .... but the same EU ROM worked just fine with my R4DS/Kingston Japan combo. Whats up with that?

I would've thought if it was a corrupt ROM the issue would happen in the same spot with any flash card.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The 1.0 dumps of Super Mario were known to be bad. If you check OfflineList or other similar sources it'll tell you. I know the US version locked up after the first star and I think the EU version had a problem where it played fine but you couldn't get the mini-game keys or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol