Super Card Mini SD

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Dustination, Feb 13, 2013.

Feb 13, 2013

Super Card Mini SD by Dustination at 2:53 AM (795 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Dustination
    OP

Newcomer Dustination Newbie

United States
    Yeah, I know, I'm using one of these. Don't crucify me.
    I bought it as more of an experiment than anything else.

So anyway, my problem is, whenever I start it up, I can see the menu flash up for like, half a second, and then it cuts to a white screen that goes on indefinitely. Yes, I used the correct program to format them, and yes I think I have the firmware installed correctly.

And help is appreciated more than you could imagine.
    Thanks.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Ugh, I know for a fact that there was a way to fix this sort of issue, though I think it had to be initiated from a slot-1 cart, and it was rather risky. My memory is extremely fuzzy, and even that might not be correct anymore. Goddamn if I could just REMEMBER what I knew ~4 years ago, I'd have better advice for you.

I think your issue is fixable, but I don't remember how. It was some sort of risky-and-irreversible *.nds file that flashed the firmware. Scouring the SCdev forums may help.

3. DanTheManMS

United States
    Boot up the Supercard and press "A" a few times. If the firmware version is 1.70 or less, perhaps we can fix this by loading a 1.80 *.scu file (SuperCard Update file) onto the root of your card, which will be automatically loaded upon bootup.

4. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    i recall i had this happen once or twice before mine went to shit and started not even being seen by my GBA SP, after i re flowed all the solder joints with flux i had no more problems.
    that said try what the post above said first, it could more easily just be an issue with your software version.

5. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    For what is worth ( and it might be a different problem altogether ) it happened to me as well, and the issue was basically just and incompatible SD card.
    I think SC only supports up to 2GB SD/MiniSD cards, but I remember I had to stick a 1GB SD card in it because the menu just wouldn't load on any other SD card.

Try a different brand or a smaller sized card, that might help.

6. Dustination
    OP

Newcomer Dustination Newbie

United States
    Thank you all for the replies. I really do appreciate it.
    I tried everyone's methods but to no solution. I really do appreciate the help of all of you.

I believe Arm73 is correct, the sd I was using was 4gb. I'll try a smaller one, thanks so much. :)

7. DanTheManMS

United States
    Oh, well then yes, that would be your issue. The original SD card specification only supports up to 2 GB, after which point you start seeing "SDHC" cards (SD High Capacity) which are 4 GB or more. No GBA flash cart supports SDHC, so none support anything larger than 2 GB.