Super brick?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by naughtynazgul, Apr 16, 2009.

Apr 16, 2009

Super brick? by naughtynazgul at 6:48 AM (1,222 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. naughtynazgul
    OP

Member naughtynazgul GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ok,

My wii is going nuts. I had all the regular hacks installed for backup launching. Then today as I tried to play a legit copy of gh3, the game would not start.

At first I thought it was just a problem with the cios or mios. But seeing as there was no internet, I couldn't update anything. I tried just uninstalling the mios I had but it just gave me an error and the actual wiigator patcher requires the internet to uninstall. After I finally got to a location with wifi, I tried connecting to it and I got an error about not being able to connect to the server even though the wep code and signal strength were fine. So I have no way of just updating or downgrading. I tried extracting the updates from brawl using wufe. But wad manager wouldn't let me install any of the wads. I just keep getting errors.

After exhausting every single option I eventually just gave up and formatted the wii. But even still, I can't connect to the internet or play gh3. For some reason brawl is the only game that works.

So great! I erased everything for nothing.

Any help would very much appreciated!!!

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    what system menu?

3.2 you shouldn't have any problems.

4.0 then you may be stuck for now.

3. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    A bit obvious but have you rebooted your modem/router? Or possibly your wi-fi module has gone, not heard of one failing but I could happen

4. naughtynazgul
    OP

Canada
    My system menu was 3.4u before I formatted and the wifi is actually at a hotel plus plenty of hotspots earlier. I don't see how the module could just fail like that. It was completly fine the night before.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Did the wii ever connect to that hotspot? Some hotspots redirect your first page opening to a information page, so it could be that this makes it impossible to connect your wii to this hotspot.

6. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Did you set it to 802.11b ?? When I set mine to 802.11g only, I couldn't get it to work.
    Took me hours of frustration [​IMG]

7. naughtynazgul
    OP

Canada
    How do you set it to 802.11b? I didn't know there was setting for that. Will It make a differece by updating?

8. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Depends on your wireless router type. You should login to your router's ip-adres. In my case it's http://192.168.1.20
    Many routers use http://192.168.1.1

What type of wireless router do you have ? Maybe I can look into it for you.

9. naughtynazgul
    OP

Canada
    Update: I actually managed to connect to wifi and update my wii to 4.0U. But now i still can't play GH3 and while it was updating, an error occured about part way. I tried again and now i can't update. The error code i get is 32017.

Any thoughts?