Super Bat Puncher (NES homebrew)

  • Thread starter Thread starter FAST6191
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 8,980
  • Replies Replies 24

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
36,794
Solutions
21
Reaction score
29,772
Trophies
6
XP
28,730
Country
United Kingdom
icon18.gif
Super Bat Puncher (NES homebrew)
New NES homebrew platformer.

A somewhat rare treat today with a new NES platformer homebrew; although always welcome we see a fair few total conversion hacks and things of that magnitude as well as NES styled games on modern systems but true NES homebrew is somewhat more rare. It is still a demo and even though we only knocked out the first few levels and watched the video we feel confident in calling it to first rate NES platformer. Great mechanics, nice level design, a nice chiptune score and more await you in this.[/p]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2DJrr2iBXc[/youtube]​

icon11.gif
 Project homepage
download.gif
 Filetrip download
It should work on emulators (nestopia and nesDS mod tested), no word on compatibility with real hardware.

icon11.gif
 Source Thanks to Snailface for pointing us at it.

discuss.png
Discuss

 
Wow, that game looks like it could have been one of, if not the best on the NES.
 
Just tried it out on NesDS. Pretty impressive, and challenging. No health refills till the end of each level.
 
why did they call it "super" though?
i find that unfitting whenever i see that on nes titles...
 
Clydefrosch said:
why did they call it "super" though?
i find that unfitting whenever i see that on nes titles...
It's probably a tongue-in-cheek reference to the overused naming convention in nes and snes games.
There be humors in this game.
tongue.gif


Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if this gets ported to a retail game in the future. It's really, really good. Cavestoryesque, even.
Catchy title, great game.
yaynds.gif
 
Looks like the felix the cat nes game. Has the same punching hand thing. lol. Though the gameplay does look fun.
smile.gif
At least people who make homebrew dont half ass the gameplay like they did back in the days. Hope this will get released just like battle kid on a cartridge. Looks like it deserves it when its done.
smile.gif
 
That looks really really good. Great job, devs. I'm going to wait for a final build though before I play it. I hate playing release after release, so it's better for me to just wait.
 
Looks awesome, the dev(s) should take contact with retrozone to make some cartridges once the project is finished, I'd gladly buy one.
 
boudincaca said:
Looks awesome, the dev(s) should take contact with retrozone to make some cartridges once the project is finished, I'd gladly buy one.
Oh yes! I just played through the demo - man, it really has commercial quality (or is that an insult? it's better than some commercial games!)

I don't have a real NES.. so I want it on Wii VC or 3DS eShop
biggrin.gif


Any game that features a bird that likes bacon is bound to become a success.
 
Huh. I've been on a NES Homebrew/pirate kick lately, and whaddyaknow, here comes a new hb that looks great!

Thanks!
 
DespizingU said:
Can someone please provide me with a list of other high quality 8-Bit homebrew games that are finished?

I don't have a list, but you really should take a look at Batlle Kid: Fortress of peril, very good game on Nes, inspired of I wanna be the guy.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted