Hacking Sundriver not loading

Jomanlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the Sundriver and loaded the gamecube menu with the programmer.

However, when I start the channel, it arrives to a "Wii Gator 0.2 loader" where I should choose the region (PAL, NSTC, AUTOMATIC, ...) and when I select any of them the screen freezes
frown.gif

What is this Wii Gator loader ? I should arrive directly to the gamecube menu or is it normal to have this pre-screen ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jomanlo said:

However, when I start the channel, it arrives to a "Wii Gator 0.2 loader" where I should choose the region (PAL, NSTC, AUTOMATIC, ...) and when I select any of them the screen freezes
frown.gif

What is this Wii Gator loader ? I should arrive directly to the gamecube menu or is it normal to have this pre-screen ?

check out this sundriver forum http://wiinewz.com/forums/index.php?/forum/69-sundriver/

i think you have some kind of cMIOS installed on your wii, that is interfering.
you need to install a clean MIOS to overwrite your cMIOS version.

Jomanlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-pb- said:
Jomanlo said:

frown.gif

check out this sundriver forum http://wiinewz.com/forums/index.php?/forum/69-sundriver/

i think you have some kind of cMIOS installed on your wii, that is interfering.
you need to install a clean MIOS to overwrite your cMIOS version.

I will have a look, thank you! By the way, the sundriver is supposed to work with a Gamecube menu but not loader I think
glare.gif

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, WiiGator' cMIOS has been installed by modmii and that's why your sundriver GC menu doesn't work anymore.
Just install back the original Nintendo MIOS (download it from nus and use wad manager) and the sundriver menu will work again.
Anyway I'm quite sure you can successfully use your sundriver via pc connection with the SUN-ISO application even if cMIOS is installed.

Jomanlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Yes, WiiGator' cMIOS has been installed by modmii and that's why your sundriver GC menu doesn't work anymore.
Just install back the original Nintendo MIOS (download it from nus and use wad manager) and the sundriver menu will work again.
Anyway I'm quite sure you can successfully use your sundriver via pc connection with the SUN-ISO application even if you have the cMIOS installed.

Thank for your reply, but as I am a newbee which MIOS should I search ? What is "nus" ?

I can transfer isos and do the "upgrade menu program" with the programmer 2.04 but Sun-Iso is not working for me.

Jomanlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jomanlo said:
davebaol said:
Anyway I'm quite sure you can successfully use your sundriver via pc connection with the SUN-ISO application even if you have the cMIOS installed.

Thank for your reply, but as I am a newbee which MIOS should I search ? What is "nus" ?

I can transfer isos and do the "upgrade menu program" with the programmer 2.04 but Sun-Iso is not working for me.

I found the NUS Downloader but which version of the MIOS is the original for my 4.2e ?

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
You can also use ModMii to download MIOS v10 . It's in the first page of ModMii download
menu. (M10)

This is exactly the same as WiiKey Fusion . I had the same problem and fixed it by installing
MIOS v10 (to replace cMIOS).

Jomanlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
Jomanlo said:
I found the NUS Downloader but which version of the MIOS is the original for my 4.2e ?
Use the latest version (v10).

Be sure to check "Pack->Wad" at the bottom of the NUS Downloader window as well.

So when I do that "Pack-Wad" I only have to put it on a SDCard and start it from the Wii ?

Jomanlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airline38 said:
You can also use ModMii to download MIOS v10 . It's in the first page of ModMii download
menu. (M10)

This is exactly the same as WiiKey Fusion . I had the same problem and fixed it by installing
MIOS v10 (to replace cMIOS).

Thank you for your reply, I hope it will solve my problem
rolleyes.gif

I only need to know now how to use the downloaded packed wad.

Jomanlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Just copy the wad file into SD:\wad folder and then launch wadmanger from hbc to intall it.

Thank you very much guys !!! It was the solution, now I can enjoy my sundriver
yaywii.gif

Nice to have people to share experiences and solutions
smile.gif

Jomanlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Glad you make it work again.

I just have a problem to change game now. When I exit I go back to the Wii main menu but the last game played remains instead putting the Gamecube loader
unsure.gif

I pressed over eject but nothing happens, even if I turn off the Wii...

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Jomanlo, that's a feature not a bug.
I mean, there's no need to unplug the power cable.
Just exit the game, shutdown the Wii, then turn the Wii on by pressing EJECT to access GC menu or POWER to launch the game you played previously.

Jomanlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Jomanlo, that's a feature not a bug.
I mean, there's no need to unplug the power cable.
Just exit the game, shutdown the Wii, then turn the Wii on by pressing EJECT to access GC menu or POWER to launch the game you played previously.

Thank you for your support davebaol, I will try tonight!

However it's bad that you can not reset a game while power-on, turning on/off the harddisk will make it last short time
frown.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(airline38 @ Nov 11 2010, 10:38 PM) U have to unplug/plug the power cable. It's the same for this kind of product.
(same as my Wiikey Fusion )

Thank you for your answer, I will try your solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse