Gaming Sun randomizer

SuMowrestler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have sun and moon, and I want to randomize sun so I can keep mom normal. Can I randomize only one, and how do i do it. I have a completely storebought 3ds and Pokemon sun and moon games, and don't understand much coding talk, so I will need step by step list help.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are on the latest firmware (11.4 or 11.5), you won't be able to do it.

The general breakdown of steps is:
If you're lower than 11.4 (you can check in system settings), follow the guide at http://3ds.guide/ to get a custom firmware on your system.
The guide is pretty good so it's just a simple step by step in itself.

Then you'd follow Asia81's guide to back up and extract your game files: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/
After that, you'd use PK3DS to randomise your game, then follow the last part of Asia81's guide to repack the ROM.
Then you'd install it to your 3DS as a CIA file and play it.

There are new methods in the works to install CFW on the latest firmware, but as of now, what I have described is to the best of my knowledge correct.

Last edited by Scarlet,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its telling me there's a system update available but I haven't updated.
Go into System Settings and look at the top screen. What firmware does it say? And just keep saying No when it tells you to update.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It says 11.4.0
Then I'm afraid you're out of luck for the time being. Like I said, new methods to install CFW are in development but there's no telling when they'll be released to the public.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.