Sun & Moon save file glitch

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Virdoo, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Today I found out about the save file glitch which is caused by hacked Pokemons on your cartridge/digital copy of Sun and Moon version. Most likely if you have hacked Pokemon and you save your game, you will end up by corrupting your save file. But what if someone trades me over GTS hacked Pokemon or I transfer hacked pokemon from older games (without knowing it)? Are we supposed to avoid online trading now?

Source:

2. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    no

3. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    And what if get hacked one on my save file without knowing it?

4. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    nope

To be more specific than 1 word answers, the save glitch occurs because an old version of a hacking tool, PKHex, had a glitch that would randomly move you to a different point in the map if you saved in a Pokemon center. The source of the glitch is the save itself, not the pokemon.

5. ispano

ispano Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2010
    United States
    To elaborate even more. Early versions of PKHeX that supported SM didn't read/write co-ordinate data properly, not enough precision iirc. So if you went into the Trainer Editor, it would read the values from the save, and then write improper values back to the save, even if you didn't change anything. This of course has since been fixed. But if that did happen, the "glitch" of your character missing would happen. Note this can be ANYWHERE in game, not just the PC. Getting a 'mon that was created with PKHeX through the GTS/WonderTrade means nothing. Even if there was some way to modify a 'mon's data to do something bad, it wouldn't be allowed through the GTS in that state.

ie learn about things and you won't have to even consider worrying about things because you don't understand.

elBenyo and ItsKipz like this.
  6. elBenyo

elBenyo Wad of meat.

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    So QR scanned pkmn don't even matter? Hilarious.

Last edited by elBenyo, Dec 15, 2016
  7. ispano

ispano Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2010
    United States
    Wat?

8. SantoshShlok

SantoshShlok GBAtemp Master

Jul 29, 2016
    India
    In your Mind