ROM Hack Summon Night X ~Tears Crown~ - SL TP

Will you play this game if it gets fully translated say, 10 months from now?

• Yes

Votes: 179 88.6%
  • Maybe/I'd like to if I can

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • No/I'm a punk

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Progress update: I'm not gonna make any more progress on this until Blazer shows some progress on his end.

It's boring for me to work on a game that, to be honest, is relatively mediocre when the hacking half doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What is blazer's job?

hacking mostly? They are using darthnemesis tools if I recall correctly, wonder if they could be used with the script you have translated so far, macaronron.

Progress update: I'm not gonna make any more progress on this until Blazer shows some progress on his end.

It's boring for me to work on a game that, to be honest, is relatively mediocre when the hacking half doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I'm in despair! hajimari no ishi has left me in Despair!

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I feel you buddy, sadly but true, since no one has shown any interest in Shining Force Feather I must say the hacking part is really lacking. It's just boring to work alone sometimes. (well, not to mention I have other projects so it doesn't help that poor Shining Force Feather)

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's Blazer's job? Hell if I know. Guy basically never talks to me anymore.

Darth's tool doesn't do images, which there are a few. Blazer asked me to put my translation right into the original script dump so editing is going to be a pain since I'll need to dump the original Japanese script again and pull it up in a second window. That's annoying, so I don't want to do it.

I'd personally like a program that automatically counts if a line exceeds the text box or just automatically puts in linebreaks when needed, the alternatives being manually counting the lines or playing through the game as many times as needed to check that the text stays in the text box. These alternatives suck. Summon Night X was boring just translating it; I don't want to play it again and again and again. And I certainly don't want to spend my time counting out characters. Got actually fun games to play. Got creepy borderline sexually explicit games to translate.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interest doesn't equal ability. See: most people 'interested' in this game. Thanks for your interest; please reapply when you have applicable skills.

Just ask Blazer for the Dropbox if you've got something useful to add. All of the crap is there. But you understand why that shit isn't made available to the general public, right? Vandalism, leaks, etc. Troublesome. Don't wanna deal with it. Authorized personnel only. In the case of death in absentia, don't call us. We'll call you.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Blazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know what happened about this too. Mainly because I don't want to see the translators effort go down the dumps. At least release the tools online or something.

The tools aren't even mine to release, they're already available and have been for like... years, just no one has a combination of interest + time to actually do anything with them

yeahhhhhhhhh so I totally deserved to be hated for disappearing for almost a year

:\ it's probably pointless to explain what's been going on in my "real life", so I'm not going to bother, but I do hope you can eventually forgive me (or at least overlook it, I guess)

on that note (and this is a general comment), I did just take care of some major things that were holding me back, and I already feel a bit of stress relief. no, I don't exactly have 10 hours of free time a day now since I have a ton of responsibilities, but I've certainly got enough to work on this without losing sleep/getting sick over it

What's Blazer's job? Hell if I know. Guy basically never talks to me anymore.

Darth's tool doesn't do images, which there are a few. Blazer asked me to put my translation right into the original script dump so editing is going to be a pain since I'll need to dump the original Japanese script again and pull it up in a second window. That's annoying, so I don't want to do it.

I'd personally like a program that automatically counts if a line exceeds the text box or just automatically puts in linebreaks when needed, the alternatives being manually counting the lines or playing through the game as many times as needed to check that the text stays in the text box. These alternatives suck. Summon Night X was boring just translating it; I don't want to play it again and again and again. And I certainly don't want to spend my time counting out characters. Got actually fun games to play. Got creepy borderline sexually explicit games to translate.

T_T the guilt... but I deserve it... but the guilt...

I was supposed to do basic hacking/compilation stuff and image editing

The scripts should have all been dumped and put into folders but I was kind of a dick and got busy and left it at that (I was also proofreading it), it sounds like you translated it not in the original scripts with the codes and such but outside of it? if so that will be a problem, but I suppose it's not something that panicking about here will help, I'll just have to do what I can

I have a stupid amount of experience with line-checking, proofreading, etc., but it's still indeed a pain in the ass, and ideally in the translation process we just want to avoid those and not split things up into more parts (e.g. translating -> quick-proofing -> insertion vs. translating -> proofing -> formatting -> fix formatting -> insertion)

I know translating is a dull job especially when you're not getting paid and the content/source isn't that interesting so I'm not going to ask you to continue to participate if you don't want to especially if you have creepy borderline sexually explicit games that apparently need translating lol

I'd like to just ask for some patience from everyone (I've been sick the past couple of days and have work the next 3 days; depending on how tough work is, this could go pretty good or bad, idk), but that's not really fair since I've been playing quiet for this long, so... idk, just yell at me and hate me? I don't really care, but I'm usually pretty stubborn when it comes to finishing these types of things, so if it's something I can do, I will probably end up doing it.

And on that note it's now December and I'm really tired, but maybe you'll hear from me in a few days...

P.S. Pablitox, don't keep mentioning the translation to me. No offense but it tends to have the opposite effect that I assume you intended; I'm sort of turned off by it and feel less inclined/motivated to work on it (not that I really could have worked on it the past several months due to personal circumstances, but you weren't exactly helping me by being annoying, lol). Pretty much the only times I've even been to these forums lately was when someone linked me to specific threads, so yeah... :\ I've practically been gone, sorry

EDIT: sorry, this came up: as a note, I've stopped practically all hacking except for this, and that's saying a lot. This is literally the only project still on my list (I literally just dropped others, but refused to drop this and kept thinking about it; it's been on my to-do list that I check very frequently for ages). so I never gave up on this, but it will probably be the last project I work on, if I can see this to completion (which would be awesome and I'd only be doing a small part, like 10%; it's really up to people like macaronron who put in all the time/effort).

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The tools aren't even mine to release, they're already available and have been for like... years, just no one has a combination of interest + time to actually do anything with them

yeahhhhhhhhh so I totally deserved to be hated for disappearing for almost a year

:\ it's probably pointless to explain what's been going on in my "real life", so I'm not going to bother, but I do hope you can eventually forgive me (or at least overlook it, I guess)

on that note (and this is a general comment), I did just take care of some major things that were holding me back, and I already feel a bit of stress relief. no, I don't exactly have 10 hours of free time a day now since I have a ton of responsibilities, but I've certainly got enough to work on this without losing sleep/getting sick over it

T_T the guilt... but I deserve it... but the guilt...

I was supposed to do basic hacking/compilation stuff and image editing

The scripts should have all been dumped and put into folders but I was kind of a dick and got busy and left it at that (I was also proofreading it), it sounds like you translated it not in the original scripts with the codes and such but outside of it? if so that will be a problem, but I suppose it's not something that panicking about here will help, I'll just have to do what I can

I have a stupid amount of experience with line-checking, proofreading, etc., but it's still indeed a pain in the ass, and ideally in the translation process we just want to avoid those and not split things up into more parts (e.g. translating -> quick-proofing -> insertion vs. translating -> proofing -> formatting -> fix formatting -> insertion)

I know translating is a dull job especially when you're not getting paid and the content/source isn't that interesting so I'm not going to ask you to continue to participate if you don't want to especially if you have creepy borderline sexually explicit games that apparently need translating lol

I'd like to just ask for some patience from everyone (I've been sick the past couple of days and have work the next 3 days; depending on how tough work is, this could go pretty good or bad, idk), but that's not really fair since I've been playing quiet for this long, so... idk, just yell at me and hate me? I don't really care, but I'm usually pretty stubborn when it comes to finishing these types of things, so if it's something I can do, I will probably end up doing it.

And on that note it's now December and I'm really tired, but maybe you'll hear from me in a few days...

P.S. Pablitox, don't keep mentioning the translation to me. No offense but it tends to have the opposite effect that I assume you intended; I'm sort of turned off by it and feel less inclined/motivated to work on it (not that I really could have worked on it the past several months due to personal circumstances, but you weren't exactly helping me by being annoying, lol). Pretty much the only times I've even been to these forums lately was when someone linked me to specific threads, so yeah... :\ I've practically been gone, sorry

EDIT: sorry, this came up: as a note, I've stopped practically all hacking except for this, and that's saying a lot. This is literally the only project still on my list (I literally just dropped others, but refused to drop this and kept thinking about it; it's been on my to-do list that I check very frequently for ages). so I never gave up on this, but it will probably be the last project I work on, if I can see this to completion (which would be awesome and I'd only be doing a small part, like 10%; it's really up to people like macaronron who put in all the time/effort).

Oh man, I tend to do this a bit too much, but realy, I'm deeply sorry too, shouldn't have pushed it too hard, hell if I know real life can be busy. I am busy too and all I did was came to ask for the patch, doing what I hate the most, sorry to be so troublesome -_-.

So now take your time, and do the best you can, (won't be a bother but to say thanks and good effort, lol).

Cheers!

Blazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figure it doesn't hurt: if you want to help with redrawing Japanese graphics into English, or graphic insertion (I can teach you how), let me know

We could probably also use a translation checker and skilled proofreader/text editor, but these jobs require a lot of experience and knowledge (not just anyone who knows how to type/spell well can be a text editor if we want to make sure this is of decent quality, sorry).

EDIT:

OK I did some work today

IthinkIknowwhatImdoing.png

I've mostly recollected myself, so I think I know what needs to be done and such. Gotta talk it over with my translating bud and we'll go from there.

Still could use graphics help, of course.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every file that isn't a shitty compilation of voiced lines for the voice playback feature has gotten a translation.

Haven't checked it. Certainly haven't edited it.

I guess that really depends on you. Do you want me to run a full translation check + editing for readability and voice? I certainly can. It just means you'll have to wait longer.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I figure it doesn't hurt: if you want to help with redrawing Japanese graphics into English, or graphic insertion (I can teach you how), let me know

We could probably also use a translation checker and skilled proofreader/text editor, but these jobs require a lot of experience and knowledge (not just anyone who knows how to type/spell well can be a text editor if we want to make sure this is of decent quality, sorry).

EDIT:

OK I did some work today

IthinkIknowwhatImdoing.png

I've mostly recollected myself, so I think I know what needs to be done and such. Gotta talk it over with my translating bud and we'll go from there.

Still could use graphics help, of course.

Looks very nice! Good luck!

Blazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOT DEAD.

Was dealing with personal problems. Cancer. Other serious stuff.

Working on it now. Won't be updating, just going to be working. If I happen to get screens to show, I might, but I'd usually rather spend time working than updating.

See ya'll in a while.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
NOT DEAD.

Was dealing with personal problems. Cancer. Other serious stuff.

Working on it now. Won't be updating, just going to be working. If I happen to get screens to show, I might, but I'd usually rather spend time working than updating.

See ya'll in a while.

Dude, that is serious stuff, hope everyrhing goes well. Godspeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169