Gaming suikoden tierkreis or sands of destruction

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Suikoden Tierkreis has an interesting story, but a boringly easy combat system.
It's also quite huge with tons of characters to play.
I'd go with that if you want an interesting story.
The VA is fine, only the main character really talks fast and he's SUPPOSED TO, it's part of his character.

Sands of destruction is decent. The combat is OK, it's mindlessly easy, and the story isn't super spectacular.

jerbz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Suikoden Tierkreis has an interesting story, but a boringly easy combat system.
It's also quite huge with tons of characters to play.
I'd go with that if you want an interesting story.
The VA is fine, only the main character really talks fast and he's SUPPOSED TO, it's part of his character.
/quote]

thats what i thought about the main character. everyone said it was annoying.
but i talk like that so i must be annoying -_-

edit:booo! i cant quote something right.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tierkreis sucks. The graphics and some of the music are good, but the VA is shit, the gameplay gets boring after 2 minutes, it's incredibly slow, some guys look like turds and the story is highly unoriginal.

So get SoD.

agony

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Have not tried SoD (playing Glory of Heracles now) but I enjoyed suikoden tierkreis. The VA is not as bad as what others said. The main character talks fast because he's kind of ADD. The only thing I hate in the game is the (lack of) level of difficulty, and the random encounters.

GhostToast

Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Why is it that most RPGs seem way too easy? With the exception of FFIII/IV, and Etrian Odyssey, there are hardly any RPGs that provide a challenge. I started playing Sands of Destruction the other day and got bored and quit after the first cave. Likewise, I started playing Glory of Heracles last night and felt really sleepy while wandering around near the beginning. It's just not fun if its not hard.

Guess I should go back to FFIII or IV and finish one of them.

Also, how hard would it be to implement a freaking DIFFICULTY setting on some of these games?

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GhostToast said:
Why is it that most RPGs seem way too easy? With the exception of FFIII/IV, and Etrian Odyssey, there are hardly any RPGs that provide a challenge. I started playing Sands of Destruction the other day and got bored and quit after the first cave. Likewise, I started playing Glory of Heracles last night and felt really sleepy while wandering around near the beginning. It's just not fun if its not hard.

Guess I should go back to FFIII or IV and finish one of them.

Also, how hard would it be to implement a freaking DIFFICULTY setting on some of these games?
Have you even fought a real boss yet? Rajiv (in SoD) in an asshole when it comes to you actually having a turn and hitting him back.

When people say SoD is easy, I wonder how ridiculously unlucky I am when fighting that guy.

The levels (dungeons, caves, etc.) are piss easy...unless your morale is low.

Acheron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
I thought Tierkreis had a pretty good storyline. Personally I think Suikoden Tierkreis is definitely one of the better RPG games on the DS, though I have not played Sands of Destruction yet.

Pretty much my thoughts too, i really enjoyed Tierkreis. it might be a bit on the easy side sometimes, but there was enough content and story to keep me interested the whole way through. and with the voice acting, it's not that bad, unless you dont speak or understand English very well, you do get used to it pretty quickly. i think theres actually a fan patch somewhere that enabled the original Japanese voices if the English bothers you too much.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
Tierkreis sucks. The graphics and some of the music are good, but the VA is shit, the gameplay gets boring after 2 minutes, it's incredibly slow, some guys look like turds and the story is highly unoriginal.

So get SoD.
I don't mean to call you out, but I thought Tierkreis had a pretty good storyline. Personally I think Suikoden Tierkreis is definitely one of the better RPG games on the DS, though I have not played Sands of Destruction yet.

It's pretty obvious the guy was troll-hating the game.
AKA he probably never played it, just read a review and stuck to it. Or maybe played for 10 minutes and quit. (unfortunately, I did this lol.)
The only thing he's right about is the boring combat. But it's turn based, therefore almost never hard, so it's a pretty invalid argument against the game.

The story for Suikoden Tierkreis is great. It explains itself very well.

Master_B

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just played SoD for a while.... but am i the only one who thinks that it is such a dame slow game? walking four feet --> about 10 minutes talking :S.

Just started with suikoden and like it for now.... hope it gets a bit more difficult, but we'll see.

Hint... played nostalgia and really like that rpg. Better than suikoden and Sod in my opinion.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Master_B said:
I just played SoD for a while.... but am i the only one who thinks that it is such a dame slow game? walking four feet --> about 10 minutes talking :S.

Just started with suikoden and like it for now.... hope it gets a bit more difficult, but we'll see.

Hint... played nostalgia and really like that rpg. Better than suikoden and Sod in my opinion.

Turn based games don't get difficult.
They start out about as hard as it'll get, and then get easier.

The only exception that I know of is SMT: Devil survivor. That game is actually pretty difficult.

Master_B

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Omocho said:
Master_B said:

The only exception that I know of is SMT: Devil survivor. That game is actually pretty difficult.

SMT --> One of the games i still have on my cyclo.... first suikoden a little longer, but then i will try it out
biggrin.gif

I also have soul bringer (translated english version).... is that any good?

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Omocho said:
Master_B said:

SMT was TOO hard for me.. So stupidly difficult that I stopped playing :/ Whereas I loved Sands of Destruction, but admittedly it was way too easy. I think Suikoden was too easy as well. But I don't really mind easy games, as long as they have an awesome story like those two did ;D

P.S. oh god the ending of SoD was so disappointing though...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omocho said:
PharaohsVizier said:
Hoverlord Nadrian said:

So get SoD.
I don't mean to call you out, but I thought Tierkreis had a pretty good storyline. Personally I think Suikoden Tierkreis is definitely one of the better RPG games on the DS, though I have not played Sands of Destruction yet.

It's pretty obvious the guy was troll-hating the game.
AKA he probably never played it, just read a review and stuck to it. Or maybe played for 10 minutes and quit. (unfortunately, I did this lol.)
The only thing he's right about is the boring combat. But it's turn based, therefore almost never hard, so it's a pretty invalid argument against the game.

The story for Suikoden Tierkreis is great. It explains itself very well.

Nathan? Troll-hating? Don't make me laugh.

Meh, downloaded Suikoden, played for a few minutes, and got bored. Can't really say if it's good or bad. Sands was alright, nothing great but a decent RPG fix.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
suruz said:
Omocho said:
Master_B said:

SMT was TOO hard for me.. So stupidly difficult that I stopped playing :/ Whereas I loved Sands of Destruction, but admittedly it was way too easy. I think Suikoden was too easy as well. But I don't really mind easy games, as long as they have an awesome story like those two did ;D

P.S. oh god the ending of SoD was so disappointing though...

Yeah I can play super easy games if the story holds me to it.
The ending was definitely not too great in SoD. Though it did show me what I wanted to see in the end. I also really liked that the game tied up a major loose end near the end of the game.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm wondering why the main character talking fast (who is the only one who does it) bothers people.
I mean, are people illiterate morons and can't simply read the text for things they miss?
Though it isn't hard -at all- to understand him if you aren't ESL.

The story is great, but it takes about 2 hours to actually get going.

100action

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
suikoden is head, shoulders, torso and soles of the feet ten thousand miles above sands.

Great storyline, environments change as you progress giving you a sense of achievement/fulfillment.

Sand's battle system is overrated, the frequent monster encounters blows horse dick and is a game I don't feel like continuing due to all the random encounters and a lack of character development.

Suikoden i can walk through a whole plain and encounter about 3 or 4 battles, Sands i encountered about 10 monsters just walking from place to place in that boat you board in the desert.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Omocho said:
I'm wondering why the main character talking fast (who is the only one who does it) bothers people.
I mean, are people illiterate morons and can't simply read the text for things they miss?
Though it isn't hard -at all- to understand him if you aren't ESL.

The story is great, but it takes about 2 hours to actually get going.

Nonono, seriously.. he doesn't just talk a little fast. He talks SOSUPERFAST that it ruins any emotional/important scenes and just makes you LAUGH AT HIM.

The original VA wasn't like that at all... the english dub generally wasn't very well done, but that's because they let amateur VAs get a chance to act. Also, I talked to the girl who does Marica's voice on youtube and THEY DIDN'T HAVE A DIRECTOR for half of the game xDD

I just used the undubbed rom and I loved the game from start to end. I love most games with anime cutscenes and a superb story ;D

ALSO yes, you can just read the text. But if the original voices add a lot of emotion to the game and make it more immersive, then where's the fun in just ignoring the voices/listening to crap ones?

QUOTEsuikoden is head, shoulders, torso and soles of the feet ten thousand miles above sands.

Great storyline, environments change as you progress giving you a sense of achievement/fulfillment.

Sand's battle system is overrated, the frequent monster encounters blows horse dick and is a game I don't feel like continuing due to all the random encounters and a lack of character development.

Suikoden i can walk through a whole plain and encounter about 3 or 4 battles, Sands i encountered about 10 monsters just walking from place to place in that boat you board in the desert.

I actually agree with most stuff you said... but I still liked SoD because I just really liked the story (apart from the ending, as I said before)

But yeah, Suikoden is much better. Wow, I keep repeating myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright