Suicide of Near, bsnes and higan developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Directed at no one in particular, please have some respect for Near and remember that they are non-binary and use they/them pronouns. It's one thing to misgender a living person but to deliberately (not faulting you if you did it by accident) misgender a dead person is deeply disrespectful to their memory.

Thanks.
Thank you for the heads up, I messed up on my previous post. I really didn't knew that Near is/was non binary and I didn't knew how to use pronouns for non binary people in English neither.

Sorry

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Directed at no one in particular, please have some respect for Near and remember that they are non-binary and use they/them pronouns. It's one thing to misgender a living person but to deliberately (not faulting you if you did it by accident) misgender a dead person is deeply disrespectful to their memory.

Thanks.

Or, people could just not cause any more division than there already is. Time to stop with the labels, 1,001 genders, special flags, etc. etc. etc. How about just being a human? I know this will upset some people but... shrug. If the suicide is true, it's a very horrible and sad thing. However, I don't feel there was even reason for your post. No one here was disrespectfully calling them he, she, or anything else.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Or, people could just not cause any more division than there already is. Time to stop with the labels, 1,001 genders, special flags, etc. etc. etc. How about just being a human? I know this will upset some people but... shrug. If the suicide is true, it's a very horrible and sad thing. I don't feel there was even reason for your post. No one here was disrespectfully calling them he, she, or anything else.

I agree. That political correctness should be prohibited in this thread, by trying to force your views even if others don't agree. Enforcing that is only going to one-side and shut others mouth even if they don't want to play the "be friendly" towards rainbow politics.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Thanks.
You USA people think everybody has English as their first language. It's so self-centered it borders on the absurd. Some people here have English as their 4th language. Stop making demands form a global communtiy that has learnt that they is plural form, not singular. People have flasgs in their profile. Check it. Stop being imperialistic and demanding that others be perfect on your language and its social trends.

Magicantian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truth is, most political things have an agenda behind it. Whether the participant knows the full scope or not and whose really involved behind the scenes is trivial.

I have no problems with trans people or whatever they want to label themselves as. Life is truth, you're here now to be how / who you want to be and how you wanna do it. The social constructs are dictating influence and it's affecting how we shape society.

If you're going to make choices and do things in life, think twice about who you're becoming, you might get
stuck in a falsehood. Take your time, move slow and understand the world we live in, it's diseased. I'll be the first to tell you I'm a straight guy, but people are vibrating energy.

I know people who were born in one gender and have different chemical balances, but society is playing a major role in their thought process and it's not their personal truth. Get some exercise, spend some time alone and find clarity in thought in what you really wanna do with yourself.

The last thing I want to see is people taking hormonal prescriptions that has an effect on their health, possibly even cancerous. Everyone feels young and infinite now, but when the clock starts spinning, your perspective and perception might change. Don't be that person that lives with regrets, make the clean shots for you, not the people around you.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is certainly not the time or place to discuss pronouns or whether it's justified or not.

I'm sorry but this sounds like Byuu is trying to blackmail that Kiwifarms website into closing because he doesn't like being made fun of. This is just disgusting cancel culture at it's worst. It's very insulting that this Byuu person is using his suicide to manhandle someone and his buddies seem in on it.

I'm generally against cancel culture, and as such I wish nothing more but this type of forums to shut down forever, because their sole reason to exist is to bully people and their friends and relatives out of existence, aka, cancelling people, permanently.

Which is arguably worse than all the social media drama we hear everyday about whether X or Y should be cancelled.

Reactions: LunarRXA and Henx

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Enforcing that is only going to one-side and shut others mouth even if they don't want to play the "be friendly" towards rainbow politics.

I kinda feel like maybe bigots should have their mouthes shut if they're incapable of something as basic as showing another person the smallest amount of respect.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I kinda feel like maybe bigots should have their mouthes shut if they're incapable of something as basic as showing another person the smallest amount of respect.
Is that a real response or cheap rhetoric? I can't read sarcasm quite well on the internet, TBH.

Reactions: AlexMCS

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Or, people could just not cause any more division than there already is. Time to stop with the labels, 1,001 genders, special flags, etc. etc. etc. How about just being a human?
I understand the point you were trying to make, but this comes off as incredibly tone deaf. Like you don't qualify as human unless you're cishet.

Magicantian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that a real response or cheap rhetoric? I can't read sarcasm quite well on the internet, TBH.

Nah chill, there's too much knee jerk reaction and not cohesive reading.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't wanna go out of left field, but I've been a crazy long time lurker, I never have anything to say to anyone because less is more.

But this is gbatemp, this is our home. We come to chill and do the do. Some people get wrapped hard with the erroneous, like I wanna win a conversation and be right to win something.

Why?

Lets pop off right:

You get your state of mind in check and you can wreck.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but this sounds like Byuu is trying to blackmail that Kiwifarms website into closing because he doesn't like being made fun of. This is just disgusting cancel culture at it's worst. It's very insulting that this Byuu person is using his suicide to manhandle someone and his buddies seem in on it.

I remember when CEMU emulator first started gaining traction and there were lots of people upset about CEMU making tons of money from Patreon due to it's latest build being patreon-only. Byuu was one of those people who talked shit saying CEMU was setting some new standard for all future console emulators to require being paid-only (which wasn't even valid because Cemu's previous builds were free!). This person has a history of being overly dramatic.

I'm thinking some lawyers are about to get involved. Otherwise, is typical internet drama nonsense. Do not get involved with those people no matter how you feel about Byuu's work. They're bullys and they're bad news. This is just bullies slapfighting other bullies.

Are you fucking kidding me? Why the hell is wrong with you? He's dead because he took his own life. Cancel culture? Seriously? Stop defending those shitbrained websites and learn to show some decency you inconsiderate punk.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nah chill, there's too much knee jerk reaction and not cohesive reading.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't wanna go out of left field, but I've been a crazy long time lurker, I never have anything to say to anyone because less is more.

But this is gbatemp, this is our home. We come to chill and do the do. Some people get wrapped hard with the erroneous, like I wanna win a conversation and be right to win something.

Why?

Lets pop off right:

You get your state of mind in check and you can wreck.

What... Ok, whatever. Have a good day.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really can't put into words what I am feeling reading this. But this is basically my face.
hqdefault.jpg

That fucking site, it's the scum of the earth. It and all those rotten monsters that use it for their amusement should drop all dead.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dave did an awesome job with higan/bsnes.
It's a big loss for the emulation community.
I feel really sorry for him.

Not trying to sound disrespectful but:
"Internet bullying" overall is preventable and avoidable, but it seems not everyone knows how to act in order to avoid it.
The primary point is: grow a thicker skin. If you can't handle the pressure, you need a nickname change, a brand new main e-mail account, VPN(s) and reviewing who you consider your friend, since one of them are usually in cahoots with the bullies.

Doxxing on the other hand is just a low blow.

Reactions: Ryccardo

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP. Also, not surprising people suffer mental illness after hanging around certain cesspool online communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: if i have time for that