Suggestions For Gaming Tablet

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Real_Redwolf, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Real_Redwolf
    OP

Real_Redwolf GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Hey, I was wondering if anybody could give me suggestions for a good gaming tablet.

1. I'm wanting one that has high specs and preferably the most recent version of it's respective OS.
    2. I'd prefer it not to be an Apple device for several different reasons, the two main ones being no external storage and no way to easily get emulators.
    3. I'd like something with an option for external storage.
    4. Also, I'd like one with physical controls like in the image below but I'm also open to tablets without physical buttons.
    example.png

2. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Try looking at the GPD Q9
    Or, if you like DS-Style clamshells then the GPD XD, though it's only 5 inch.

JXD are soon to release the S192 which will have the best chipset by far, but it's a bit clunky so maybe not quite as portable as you might like.

Real_Redwolf likes this.
  3. Real_Redwolf
    OP

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for the suggestions! GPD Q9 looks pretty good and I also think the DS style that the GPD XD looks pretty good as well! The JXD S192 looks kinda bulky and clunky but seems powerful so I'll also take it into consideration.

Thanks again for the suggestions! ;)

4. Muffins

Muffins Banned

Jun 17, 2008
    United States
    Mirrors
    Real_Redwolf likes this.
  5. Real_Redwolf
    OP

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
  6. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    The Nvidia Shield Tablet looks nice. It comes with its own controller and it should be running AOSP