Gaming Suggestions for easy games?

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a son with Down Syndrome. He is a kick ass kid and excelling in all aspects, but we need to work on his coordination. We got him a Wii for Xmas and he really likes Wii sports, boxing tbh. Doesnt like Shreks Carnival Craze at all, even though Shrek is his favorite character. And I dont let him play Red Steel.

I need a list of some games that might be good for him.. All these pixar/disney/dreamworks movies are GREAT but the games that come out for them are just too dayum hard for the kids that watch them.. I have an 8 year old girl that is real good at gaming but she frequently asks me to get her past a level or boss on her ps2.

We have several movie games and it ends up that my kids watch me play it as if it was a movie to them.. Not cool.
rolleyes.gif

Any way he is 12 years old and in very good condition for down syndrome, he attends regular school and has more friends than any other kid I know.

He likes the arcade shooting games that have the big guns on the chain, and I got 2 nerf wii gun things from wolly world yesterday...

Suggestions?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If he like light-gun games, I would suggest Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Ghost Squad. For any other games, I would have to say Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Smash Brothers Brawl and Zack and Wiki as that will involve him having to manipulate his grip on the controller which will help his co-ordination.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would easily recommend Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Dance Dance Revolution (with the dance pad) is also a recommendation but since I don't know if he can use his feet, it might not be a good suggestion.

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys,, Yeah, he can walk talk dance, kick our asses,, he is super strong..

resident Evil would give him nightmares. I will check out ghost squad.

Great suggestions so far. So smash brothers isnt too hard?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Smash Brothers is not very hard at all. The fighting consists of 2 buttons and it is just fun. Even if he isn't very good straight away, it has an easy learning curve that makes it easy for anyone to play. Just make sure you have a gamecube controller for the best experience.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Bros. Brawl also has 4 difficulty levels. Just set it on easy and it'll be good. I definitely recommend that game for your son.

Maybe he'll like WiiFit as well. It has a lot of movement involved. Balancing your body is harder than I thought it would be lol. Get Metal Slug as well. It has all the Metal Slug games in it. You can have inifinite credits so you pretty much never lose the game.

Try out Animal Corssing: City Folk as well. It's about some boy/girl in the world of animals with human-like personalities. It's pretty much a childish version of Sims - a virtual life simulator. You go fishing, capturing rare bugs, plant trees, etc. Good for children.

Galacta

>:)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPlay is easy but it gets boring after a while. If your son can handle the consquences, hell be fine.

The easiest game that I played is The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I beat it in story mode in less than an hour, but the whole thing is to replay and unlock characters etc. Its like a 3d enviroment version of Super Smash Bros or another game called Bleach Blade Battlers.

But if you like to have a game which is not hard and the difficulty is just right, go for Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
wink.gif

Thats all I have to tell.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he enjoyed the boxing in WiiSports, chances are he may get into Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors. I thought it was a pretty game to look at, but I didn't get into it myself because of the waggle combat. That said, my kids enjoyed it, so obviously there's a quality there I just don't get. It's kind of a 3D fighter/brawler in the vein of Power Stone. The presentation is top notch.

Also, Endless Ocean may be something he'll enjoy. It's not so much a game as it is an interactive experience, but it's something I think just about anyone could get into.

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am glad I asked this question.. The freaking internet SUCKS for game reviews, cant rely on any of them.
Oh man, I didnt consider a movie game but if kung fu panda is like that, he will LOVE it. He loves all the animated movies. He can go see a brand new movie and MEMORIZE it. It is difficult because he likes to "play out" the movies, and he knows the movie by heart after ONE time seeing it. He then makes us play the other actors parts of the movie, and he ends up directing us because we cant remember "exactly" how it goes. But he digs Kung Fu Panda, and any fighting actually.

Endless Ocean,,, I am writting all these down.. I doubt my rental place will have alot of them but who knows... Maybe.

His favorite is Kung Pow, the fighting cow scene....lol

I cant thank you people enouph.
bow.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Galaxy and Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games. I think those games would be perfect for your requirements. Maybe even wii fit, excite truck or animal crossing.

markinca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he likes music, you should definitely look into Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour. They're pricey if you buy the complete band set, but there's a lot of fun to be had.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think Super Smash Brothers Brawl is really fun, and as posted above, it has an "easy" difficulty that most people can beat no problem.

Animal Crossing is really addictive. There arnt too many challenges, other than collecting everything, so it is pretty easy, and you catch yourself playing it for hours on end.

Waddle Dee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, not to be mean... my mom held me down from games like this too, I don't even HAVE a handicap. I suggest something in the Teen category, probably nothing M though, resident evil would make him crap himself.

SSBB is one of the greatest games of all time... but not for your cause. Also, NEVER EVER EVER buy licensed games. They suck. Try... Zelda: Twilight Princess. Also, the new Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is a GREAT game, but quite challenging, so that's only good if he's good at video games.

As far as coordination games go... try the Donkey Konga games for Gamecube (They work in your Wii, yes.)... and the DDR games. Both are great for coordination reasons.

But really, I can see why you'd be concerned for your son with games like Red Steel, but maybe you should let him try something a little more action-packed. He's a guy. We love violence.

Hopefully, that will help.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boom Blox is an amazing game also. Make sure you check that out. He would love it. Even better in 2 player mode.

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a IGN review of boom blox and it looks fun,, kinda like jenga?

About his coordination.. when bowling he has trouble releasing the b button at the right time, and on homebrew shooter game he has trouble aiming the reticule, but not too bad. He has yet to a ball in baseball,, his timing needs work.
We have rockband for ps2 and he LOVES the game but no matter how much he tries, his timing again. That is sad because he is SOO pumped playing drums then he gets kicked off and booed. The look on his face when he looses SUCKS. Heart breaking.

We have a gamecube, a few NDS's, a PS2 and I play PC games. Since we have tried the classic controller to play games and have trouble, I am hoping we can get him into the wii's innovative controls.

I wonder if theres a way to make the pointer on the wii screen move slower? or have a bigger field to play with? He has trouble finding the curser with the wiimote, and if you think about it,, it is a small window. Maybe placing some IR leds farther apart would accomplish this?

Hideki-kun

Trophies
Website
techno-bite.com
XP
Country
BlindDude said:
I saw a IGN review of boom blox and it looks fun,, kinda like jenga?

About his coordination.. when bowling he has trouble releasing the b button at the right time, and on homebrew shooter game he has trouble aiming the reticule, but not too bad. He has yet to a ball in baseball,, his timing needs work.
We have rockband for ps2 and he LOVES the game but no matter how much he tries, his timing again. That is sad because he is SOO pumped playing drums then he gets kicked off and booed. The look on his face when he looses SUCKS. Heart breaking.

We have a gamecube, a few NDS's, a PS2 and I play PC games. Since we have tried the classic controller to play games and have trouble, I am hoping we can get him into the wii's innovative controls.

I wonder if theres a way to make the pointer on the wii screen move slower? or have a bigger field to play with? He has trouble finding the curser with the wiimote, and if you think about it,, it is a small window. Maybe placing some IR leds farther apart would accomplish this?
The new Guitar Hero has a freestyle thing and there's Wii Music too, hope I help...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1