1. Valgreen

Valgreen GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i would look into the rayman raving rabbids games (rayman raving rabbids and rayman raving rabbids tv party) they are a collection of mini games with fun and friendly graphics... super fun for all ages..

also mario party might be a good game for your whole family to sit down and play together. the mini games are very easy to learn, and the experience of the board game play is hella fun in a family situation..

as for wiimote curser problems, i believe there is a 3rd party sensor bar which gives you a wider angle of play as well as farther distance of play..cant remember the brand but your local best buy, or electronics retailer should carry it, i think you can also adjust the sensitivity under the system settings but im not sure, im at work right now and cant check my wii...

best of luck [​IMG]

2. BlindDude

OP BlindDude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Anyone know if the PS2 instruments will work somehow with Wii?

I thought I saw something about an adaptor for a PS2 guitar when I was reading Wii GuitarFun readme.txt...

That Wii music free drums play looks fun.. Just need to get a foot pad thing... Might come with it... hmm

3. Joey R.

Joey R. Banned
    Banned

Maybe it's not something to be considered a "real" game, but Link's Crossbow Training is great for coordination, plus, it doesn't feature those nasty zombies from RE.

4. ComplicatioN

ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

SSBB if he likes RPG id go to one piece unlimited adventure even tho the dubs are annoying

5. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

I just thought of another title he may like. You could try Disaster: Day of Crisis. It's shooting sections consist of a light gun style and also the game has plenty of mini-game's that range from CPR to driving.

6. Waddle Dee

Waddle Dee GBAtemp Regular

United States

Um, in games like metroid prime 3: Corruption, it's in the settings menu... but no, not really. It all depends on HOW you move it.

You could try a bigger TV? Also, if you get Rock Band 2 on PS2, there's a No Fail mode, he would LOVE that.

7. TheEak

TheEak Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, I've got a brother with Down Syndrome. I showed him Order Up one day and he hasn't play another game ever since. The movements involved are really simple so he should be able to get the hang of it easily. He also really likes Boom Blox. He thinks its really fun to destroy a building in one throw. Its also got a multiplayer mode so you could play with him.

Also he enjoys WarioWare, Brawl and Ghost squad.

8. BlindDude

OP BlindDude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Rented boom blox, gonna give it a shot tomorrow.. will check out others soon.

Thanks all for the input.

And TheEak, thanks for that cooking game,, I forgot that his second favorite thing is FOOD...

Sweet.

9. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

If he likes cooking games, he should try the "Cooking Mama" series. I think there are 2 on the wii so far.

10. BlindDude

OP BlindDude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How old is your brother?

I tried Order Up and he loved it when it started and the training was GREAT for him but then when the game progresses, and he has to cook an omelet and a burger,, he cant hang and burns stuff or if he does it one at a time, the food gets cold..

Will look at Cooking Mama.

11. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Kororinpa is great too. It has all kinds of different balls, also slow ones, so you can make it as difficult (or easy) as you want

12. mestapho

mestapho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    IMO cooking mama is harder than order up. Maybe try yummy yummy cooking jam. Its a wiiware game and is easier than the other two. The Diego and Dora games are pretty easy. Guitar Hero World Tour has a beginner mode that is just using the flapper in time with the music. My 5 year old can get abouy 60-70% of the notes.

13. EaZey

EaZey Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    the game you want is links cross bow training

Amazing for co-ordination
    Very friendly, no scary parts and no real violence
    rated at 10+ in europe i guess US would be the same
    IT can be played in easy mode and he will have no problem beating it.

Another option:

Trauma Second Opinion

Great for co-ordination
    Very friendly but you are operating. Very sensitive people may find it queezy.
    It is very cartoonish.
    All of the operations are fictional so you can be assured he wont be scared of it.
    Its like a virtual version of the board game "Operation". (which as you know has been used for co-ordination training for generations)
    My girl friend is obsessed with it. so much so i have to buy the other trauma games so she can complete them to.

I went through a simular experience with my girlfriend. She only likes games she can beat me at lol

I hope this helps you and your son have a good time gaming together.

14. BlindDude

OP BlindDude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Will check them out also.. He says he wants to be a doctor when he grows up. We dont discourage him.
    Thanks for taking the time to inform me of Links and Trauma Second Opinion.. I dont remember seeing that at the rental place though, or Walmart.. lol I hope though.
    I did see links crossbow training..

Thanks All

15. hksmrchan

hksmrchan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Be careful. Trauma center is hard. Even on easy it requires really quick reflexes/thinking on your feet

16. gosp

gosp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    BOOM BLOX

It's perfect. It's usually easy, it's incredibly fun, and it's fun for the whole family. Seriously, this thing was rated one of the best games of the year by G4.

17. Leslia

Leslia Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    This game has been mentioned before but I would like to reccomend it in particular.

Mario Party 8.

The board game aspect is pretty easy to understand and hardly requires interaction. (basicly u just press A a lot.)

The mini games aspect are diverse to say the least. There's racing games, rythm games, chance games. Some of wich he'll hate or won;t stand a chance in, but some he'll definitely own in, like shake the can [​IMG] where you jst gotta shake the wiimote as fast as you can during a period of time.

Besides a fun game for him, you and your daughter (and mom offcourse [​IMG]) will enjoy it too, and the mixture of chance, divers minigames, and balance will leave every family member a good chance of winning (or losing)

18. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    You may also want to take a loot at Gecko OS. It's a homebrew applications that supports cheats through Ocarina.
    You can use this to make games easier. Stuff like unlimited lives, health.

19. Lubbo

Lubbo GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence

Australia
    i would definitely recommend Ghost Squad and Super Smash Bros Brawl

20. drock360

drock360 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Some of my favorite games are Wii Play, Wii Music, and Boom Blox. They are very simple and would be great for him to try out.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Suggestions, games,