Gaming Suggestions for easy games?

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would look into the rayman raving rabbids games (rayman raving rabbids and rayman raving rabbids tv party) they are a collection of mini games with fun and friendly graphics... super fun for all ages..

also mario party might be a good game for your whole family to sit down and play together. the mini games are very easy to learn, and the experience of the board game play is hella fun in a family situation..

as for wiimote curser problems, i believe there is a 3rd party sensor bar which gives you a wider angle of play as well as farther distance of play..cant remember the brand but your local best buy, or electronics retailer should carry it, i think you can also adjust the sensitivity under the system settings but im not sure, im at work right now and cant check my wii...

best of luck
smile.gif

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if the PS2 instruments will work somehow with Wii?

I thought I saw something about an adaptor for a PS2 guitar when I was reading Wii GuitarFun readme.txt...

That Wii music free drums play looks fun.. Just need to get a foot pad thing... Might come with it... hmm

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just thought of another title he may like. You could try Disaster: Day of Crisis. It's shooting sections consist of a light gun style and also the game has plenty of mini-game's that range from CPR to driving.

Waddle Dee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlindDude said:
I saw a IGN review of boom blox and it looks fun,, kinda like jenga?

About his coordination.. when bowling he has trouble releasing the b button at the right time, and on homebrew shooter game he has trouble aiming the reticule, but not too bad. He has yet to a ball in baseball,, his timing needs work.
We have rockband for ps2 and he LOVES the game but no matter how much he tries, his timing again. That is sad because he is SOO pumped playing drums then he gets kicked off and booed. The look on his face when he looses SUCKS. Heart breaking.

We have a gamecube, a few NDS's, a PS2 and I play PC games. Since we have tried the classic controller to play games and have trouble, I am hoping we can get him into the wii's innovative controls.

I wonder if theres a way to make the pointer on the wii screen move slower? or have a bigger field to play with? He has trouble finding the curser with the wiimote, and if you think about it,, it is a small window. Maybe placing some IR leds farther apart would accomplish this?

Um, in games like metroid prime 3: Corruption, it's in the settings menu... but no, not really. It all depends on HOW you move it.

You could try a bigger TV? Also, if you get Rock Band 2 on PS2, there's a No Fail mode, he would LOVE that.

TheEak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've got a brother with Down Syndrome. I showed him Order Up one day and he hasn't play another game ever since. The movements involved are really simple so he should be able to get the hang of it easily. He also really likes Boom Blox. He thinks its really fun to destroy a building in one throw. Its also got a multiplayer mode so you could play with him.

Also he enjoys WarioWare, Brawl and Ghost squad.

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rented boom blox, gonna give it a shot tomorrow.. will check out others soon.

Thanks all for the input.

And TheEak, thanks for that cooking game,, I forgot that his second favorite thing is FOOD...

Sweet.

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheEak said:
Hey, I've got a brother with Down Syndrome. I showed him Order Up one day and he hasn't play another game ever since. The movements involved are really simple so he should be able to get the hang of it easily. He also really likes Boom Blox. He thinks its really fun to destroy a building in one throw. Its also got a multiplayer mode so you could play with him.

Also he enjoys WarioWare, Brawl and Ghost squad.

How old is your brother?

I tried Order Up and he loved it when it started and the training was GREAT for him but then when the game progresses, and he has to cook an omelet and a burger,, he cant hang and burns stuff or if he does it one at a time, the food gets cold..

Will look at Cooking Mama.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kororinpa is great too. It has all kinds of different balls, also slow ones, so you can make it as difficult (or easy) as you want

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO cooking mama is harder than order up. Maybe try yummy yummy cooking jam. Its a wiiware game and is easier than the other two. The Diego and Dora games are pretty easy. Guitar Hero World Tour has a beginner mode that is just using the flapper in time with the music. My 5 year old can get abouy 60-70% of the notes.

EaZey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game you want is links cross bow training

Amazing for co-ordination
Very friendly, no scary parts and no real violence
rated at 10+ in europe i guess US would be the same
IT can be played in easy mode and he will have no problem beating it.

Another option:

Trauma Second Opinion

Great for co-ordination
Very friendly but you are operating. Very sensitive people may find it queezy.
It is very cartoonish.
All of the operations are fictional so you can be assured he wont be scared of it.
Its like a virtual version of the board game "Operation". (which as you know has been used for co-ordination training for generations)
My girl friend is obsessed with it. so much so i have to buy the other trauma games so she can complete them to.

I went through a simular experience with my girlfriend. She only likes games she can beat me at lol

I hope this helps you and your son have a good time gaming together.

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Kororinpa is great too. It has all kinds of different balls, also slow ones, so you can make it as difficult (or easy) as you want
Yes! Thanks!, I am going to rent that asap,, Marble Mania!!!. I used to be a marble madness freak.

mestapho said:
IMO cooking mama is harder than order up. Maybe try yummy yummy cooking jam. Its a wiiware game and is easier than the other two. The Diego and Dora games are pretty easy. Guitar Hero World Tour has a beginner mode that is just using the flapper in time with the music. My 5 year old can get abouy 60-70% of the notes.
Ok, thanks for the info,, will hold off on cooking mama. and look for yummy yummy...
I dont think I would be able to handle Dora,, "backpack backpack!,, Swiper No Swiping!" AAAAAHHHHHH,, just gets to me BAD,, worse than teletubbies. lol
And dont tell anyone but I freaking ordered the guitar hero world tour complete set.. should be here in a few days!!!! wahooooo

I did find an eating game that they burp, fart and even throw up in,,, HE LOVES IT.. He isnt real good at it yet but he likes it sooo much I think he will get it.. Only problem is the second guy you have to face is like the hardest out of all the contestants.. weird. Multiplayer is a blast!

QUOTE(EaZey @ Jan 9 2009, 10:20 AM)
the game you want is links cross bow training

Amazing for co-ordination
Very friendly, no scary parts and no real violence
rated at 10+ in europe i guess US would be the same
IT can be played in easy mode and he will have no problem beating it.

Another option:

Trauma Second Opinion

Great for co-ordination
Very friendly but you are operating. Very sensitive people may find it queezy.
It is very cartoonish.
All of the operations are fictional so you can be assured he wont be scared of it.
Its like a virtual version of the board game "Operation". (which as you know has been used for co-ordination training for generations)
My girl friend is obsessed with it. so much so i have to buy the other trauma games so she can complete them to.

I went through a simular experience with my girlfriend. She only likes games she can beat me at lol

I hope this helps you and your son have a good time gaming together.
Will check them out also.. He says he wants to be a doctor when he grows up. We dont discourage him.
Thanks for taking the time to inform me of Links and Trauma Second Opinion.. I dont remember seeing that at the rental place though, or Walmart.. lol I hope though.
I did see links crossbow training..

Thanks All

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
BOOM BLOX

It's perfect. It's usually easy, it's incredibly fun, and it's fun for the whole family. Seriously, this thing was rated one of the best games of the year by G4.

Leslia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This game has been mentioned before but I would like to reccomend it in particular.

Mario Party 8.

The board game aspect is pretty easy to understand and hardly requires interaction. (basicly u just press A a lot.)

The mini games aspect are diverse to say the least. There's racing games, rythm games, chance games. Some of wich he'll hate or won;t stand a chance in, but some he'll definitely own in, like shake the can
tongue.gif
where you jst gotta shake the wiimote as fast as you can during a period of time.

Besides a fun game for him, you and your daughter (and mom offcourse
tongue.gif
) will enjoy it too, and the mixture of chance, divers minigames, and balance will leave every family member a good chance of winning (or losing)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You may also want to take a loot at Gecko OS. It's a homebrew applications that supports cheats through Ocarina.
You can use this to make games easier. Stuff like unlimited lives, health.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy