Sudokuhax Compatible Homebrews

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by reprep, Jul 29, 2015.

1. reprep
    OP

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    As we can now use Sudokuhax both on 3DS (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-new-installing-sudokuhax-on-3ds-4-x-9-2.388621/) and DSi (https://gbatemp.net/threads/dsi-downgrading-the-complete-guide.393682/) thanks to recent devolepments, i guess it is time to have a list of compatible homebrews. There are lists here and there but i hope we can centralize it here.

I plan to test homebrews myself on my sudokuhaxed new 3DS XL. Unfortunately my DSi XL isn't hardmodded so i can't test on that for now. I am open to homebrew suggestions for testing. Without further ado, let's get to the business. The list is small now but it will get larger.

1-GameYob: Works perfect with all functions. It is said to have better fast-forwarding, in DSi mode i haven't tried it yet but i will soon. Also multiplayer link doesn't work if one GameYob is started in DSi mode and other in DS mode. If both are in DS mode, it works fine. Unfortunately i couldn't try GameYob DSi to Gameyob DSi as i have one sudokuhaxed device.

2-NesDS: Works great again with all function, save states etc.

3-S8DS: v0.8 boots, main menu works fine. Upper screen is frozen at black screen whenever i load an SMS rom though. To check the problem, i used a DS flashcart and all works fine in DS mode. So main menu is compatible with sudokuhax, but rom loading isn't possible (at least for SMS games, i didn't try other devices it emulates).
    v0.9 is released. It is stuck as soon as it is booted with the text on bottom screen "Touch screen or press L+R for menu." on a blue background. Pressing L + R or touching the screen doesn't work.

4-MineDS v0.2.0: NitroFS version works great on Sudokuhax. Fat version failed no matter where i put the files to. https://gbatemp.net/threads/mine-ds-v0-2-0.392225/

5- lolSNES v1.0: Hangs after loading rom. Menu works fine. I will do some more testing with different roms to be sure.

6- SNEmulDS 0.6 WIP2: Hangs in the main menu with japanese stuff on lower menu and some 500% written in the lower screen. Reset needed to get back.

Last edited by reprep, Aug 17, 2017
  2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    reprep likes this.
  3. reprep
    OP

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    that is cool thanks. I still prefer to make my edits in this thread but feel free to update the google doc. I am slow anyways.

My DsiXL is at 1.4.5 so CycloDS iEvolution is out of the scope for me, but it would be great if you can test. I will share the results here too.

4. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Yeah, I use it with my 3DS with downgraded TWL_FIRM and whitelist. But I'm in holidays and I don't have my ievo with me.

5. tbahamuth

tbahamuth Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2016
    Mexico
    i try with Snowbros DS v2.2 and it give me white screen

Technicmaster0 and reprep like this.