Hacking Suddenly... system file is missing (Acekard 2i)

SSJTintin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi

I bought an Acekard 2i (real deal, from the official brazilian reseller) and it arrived 2 days ago
On the first day I just followed the installation+update proceedures and added the roms. Tried a few of them and it was working.
Solatorobo specially, was working the first day, and was working when I tried it again one night ago

Today I went to try all the games I hadn't tried before, and as I did it I created one save per game (that is, played the games until I came to a part where the game allowed me to choose a file and save), however when I went to try Solatorobo again, this time to go far enough to be allowed to save, the game didn't load. I was stuck at a white screen as soon as I chose the game in Acekard 2i's game list. I tried once, the game didn't load. I shutdown my DSi, loaded the acekard again, and tried loading Solatorobo again. Same thing: white screen, nothing else.
I shut my DSi down again, then turn it on, and this time I try Spirit Tracks, the last game I had to test. Game worked, I made my file, then started. It was going well, until I leave the first room... because when I do, the black screen from the screen transiction just says there forever, with the BG music of the previous room still playing.
I turn my DSi off again, turn it on, and load the Acekard 2i. This time it won't even load. It starts with the 'Loading' blue message, then it quickly changes to "SYSTEM FILE IS MISSING".
I tried rebooting the DSi, turning it off and turning it on, removing the Acekard and putting it on again, removing the micro sd and inserting it again. Nothing worked.

I don't understand how a game that was working suddenly couldn't even load, and how the card was working fine and all of sudden I'm missing the system file.
I didn't update my DSi after I got the Acekard. (Not that there is even a newer update anymore)
The only thing I'm unsure about is wether or not allowing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time to set my cart to play on Wifi mode has anything to do with this error.

I'm very frustrated because I don't trust the brazilian reseller will want to replace/fix this if it turns out it's a problem with the flashcard itself.

Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

SSJTintin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will try that when I can access my computer. (Not on my own right now) Thanks.

But I have another question. Does that means the sd can just suddenly corrput itself from time to time? Or is there anything I can do/not do to prevent it from happening?
I'm asking this because I also have another flashcard that isn't Acekard (it's a R4i gold clone) and now and then I was forced to format it again or replace games/files because it would suddenly have some kind of loading problems.

Anyway I hope your first suggestions solve this. I swear it feels like god doesn't wants me to play Solatorobo. I've been trying to for months now. =(

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When you delete files from any sd card, it leaves off unneeded fragments that slows down the cart; the more you use it, the slower it becomes. From time to time, you have to format your micro sd card to rid of those fragments and speed up the cart. How often it corrupts depends on the manufacturer and quality of the msd card. If you get a slow msd card from an unknown manufacturer, it'll most likely corrupt pretty quickly.

SSJTintin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, thanks again, I didn't know that.

Actually I had bought a kingston 4gb micro sd but since I was afraid of breaking it while attaching it to the acekard (the micro felt a lot thinner and lightier than the micro sd I used on my fake r4) I ended using the 8gb micro of my old flashcard.

I'll post again after I try formatting it to say if it worked or if didn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4