Trophies
XP
Country
issy12 said:
I love you guys!
smile.gif

...in a nice friendly way
blush.gif

Psst...guys, how many proxies are you hiding behind? I don't have any safeguards here...I'm scared
cry.gif

issy12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
argh this is so annoying, i can't find my brothers old pandora and therefore i'm using mhu (it's apparently faster) and it just won't load. And the two times i did get it to load it switched off when i used hellcats recovery because i found out if you press any buttons while its changing to cfw it auto swithces off
frown.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're a newcomer to the scene I suggest you use 5.50GEN D3 as all games until 15th December 2009 work in ISO and UMD form while M33 will only run games requiring >5.0X firmware in ISO form after being patched with a decrypter.
Pretty simple to set up just download 5.50GEN D3 (should be on PSPslimhacks or PSP Gen) and copy to Memory Stick (making sure that 550.pbp goes in the root and the other files in game, the zip files are set up so that extracting to the root will do this)

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Jamstruth said:
If you're a newcomer to the scene I suggest you use 5.50GEN D3 as all games until 15th December 2009 work in ISO and UMD form while M33 will only run games requiring >5.0X firmware in ISO form after being patched with a decrypter.
Pretty simple to set up just download 5.50GEN D3 (should be on PSPslimhacks or PSP Gen) and copy to Memory Stick (making sure that 550.pbp goes in the root and the other files in game, the zip files are set up so that extracting to the root will do this)

The M33 CFW has it's own decrypter wich patches the game inside the CFW. Eboot patcher is the name.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
sadak5 said:
Jamstruth said:

The M33 CFW has it's own decrypter wich patches the game inside the CFW. Eboot patcher is the name.

eboot patcher
No, M33 does not do this. M33 fanboys stole the codes from Yoshihiro to make their own decrypter.
There is no way to patch games on the fly with M33
rolleyes.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
eboot patcher
No, M33 does not do this. M33 fanboys stole the codes from Yoshihiro to make their own decrypter.
There is no way to patch games on the fly with M33
rolleyes.gif

You really have no clue that you just incite arguments with this sort of post.....

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
'Tis true. Once again a post with massive bias totally ignoring facts...

issy12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
laugh.gif
btw, since i don't want to make a new topic, .cso is showing up as corrupted data, i don't have offical memory stick BUT i have a micro SDHC inside a microSD to MS PRO Duo adapter... why's is not working, is it not good enough for the great psp?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Try decompressing the CSO with YACC. If it's still no good use an alternative image.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:

State your facts on why M33 is better than GEN and I shall state mine the other way.

1. Higher firmware version, granted there isn't much gained on this but its there
2. Supports both UMD and ISO versions of all games up to December '09
3. Is being constantly worked on and updated unlike M33 (which is DEAD)

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use whichever firmware supports the games you want. It's really that simple. No point in starting a M33 vs GEN argument, because it wont lead to anything.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
I know, its just annoying to hear Xist go on about Dean being a GEN fanboy when he talks about M33 likes its the greatest thing known to PSP despite being very out of date now.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
xist said:

State your facts on why M33 is better than GEN and I shall state mine the other way.

1. Higher firmware version, granted there isn't much gained on this but its there
2. Supports both UMD and ISO versions of all games up to December '09
3. Is being constantly worked on and updated unlike M33 (which is DEAD)

Are you mental? What on earth does any of the things you're talking about have to do with :

M33 fanboys stole the codes from Yoshihiro to make their own decrypter.

It's pretty clear when fanboyism is mentioned there's only one winning team....which is "better" never came into it, although i'm surprised that you have games like Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier and Sega Rally working on D3 because it's reported that it breaks them, along with who knows what other games.

Firstly REVENGE Crew et al are in no means M33 fanboys and the patching routine they discovered was later used by Yoshiro, and secondly if anyone stole anything it was Miriam/HelldashX and co and it's part of the reason DAX is no more.

Dean just comes across as bitter when he posts...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
xist said:
QUOTE said:
M33 fanboys stole the codes from Yoshihiro to make their own decrypter.

It's pretty clear when fanboyism is mentioned there's only one winning team....which is "better" never came into it, although i'm surprised that you have games like Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier and Sega Rally working on D3 because it's reported that it breaks them, along with who knows what other games.

Firstly REVENGE Crew et al are in no means M33 fanboys and the patching routine they discovered was later used by Yoshiro, and secondly if anyone stole anything it was Miriam/HelldashX and co and it's part of the reason DAX is no more.

Dean just comes across as bitter when he posts...

I don't best any side, I like both M33 and GEN, but it my seem I best GEN then M33.
Also, with the whole decrypter, I just assumed Yoshihiro made the decrypter first, then after some time, M33 decrypter came out which lead to people thinking they stole Yoshi's code.

But with the PSP hacking scene, you can't deny that GEN are doing their best, with the scene dying and all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.