Gaming Sudden Urge

issy12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, some of you might remember me, i wanted to hack my psp ages ago and i miserably failed cos i found out i had a ta88v3 and i stupidly updated above 5.03... anyways i still come on the forums just to see whats happening and i really want to get a hackable psp now... like now! Theres so much stuff i can do like psptube, the flash themes and the best thing is ps1 games. Because i have a ton of them in a box in the attic
wink2.gif
But i have like no money and is there any way i can get a hackable psp without spending nothing or next to nothing? (Obviously giving the one i have away)

thanks
issy12

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that comes to mind is theft.

Otherwise we'd all have one
wink.gif
Check your local game store. Is there a Craigslist for the UK? Something like that would work too.

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cheapest PSP's I've seen were on Craigslist and were between 50 and 100 dollars. I got mine recently from Ebay for 89$ (3000 model, silver). You could probably find someone giving away broken PSP for free on Craigslist, as I've seen a couple people do that.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Since from the sounds of it yours is a Slim you could easily goto Ebay and purchase a super cheap PSP that has a broken screen and replace the broken one's with your screen. Or of course you can try the above mentioned methods.

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should have researched more before buying the PSP. I don't think there is any way to hack it for free, try swapping with someone, with the argument that you have a 3000 swapping for a 2000. Most people would accept that trade, if they don't know about hacking the PSP.

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I picked up my PSP-1000 from E-Bay about 6 months ago for £45 with a game. I think you should sell yours on E-Bay, as it's a higher model than mine you should get a better price, and then use that money as your maximum limit for getting your new PSP. Whilst it might sound condescending, the best advice would just be to be patient and eventually you'll get a good deal.

issy12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dirty_harry: yes i know i shouldve researched but its done now... thanks for the replies guys, but the thing that kills me is that even if i trade my 2000 in i wont have enough money for a used 1000
yh i think ill go with dirty_harry's suggestion and im going to try ask some people i know with a psp if theyre swapping..

PS: if anyone can find a hackable psp online at a good price, i'd be really greatful if you could help me out
smile.gif

PPS:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PSP-NOT-READING-UMD_W0QQitemZ290396831251QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_Vide
GameConsoles?hash=item439cfffe13#ht_500wt_1182 .... is this a good idea?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
PSP 1000s in working condition tend to get jumped up prices on eBay due to the hackability. You could always try looking for an older PSP-2000 even ask the seller what its serial no. is so you can assess its hackability

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks good to go but the guy only has 1 ebay listing on there so is inexperienced in the matters, you may have troubles with it getting to you in a good condition

Question is how much you can get for your PSP 2000 (unhackable will decrease an ebay price)

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spam/ask the firmware question to every 2000 seller on ebay. That's what i did, and almost all of them answered within the day. Selling on ebay is good too, you can use some fancy wording to hike the price.

OFFTOPIC: What I also realized are the amount of immoral people selling CFW psp's and advertising the games along with it. Like they say 350 games and a psp2000 mint condition. I'm sure that's illegal, but I saw a few get away with it. One went for like 290 AUD (that's about 265US I guesstimate). Ridiculous, but it works for those guys.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Its illegal, I don't think you're even allowed to advertise it as CFW on eBay...actually from your wording they're advertising it as if it has 350 UMD games with it that is illegal and immoral. Profitting from piracy is putting yourself in line get your arse slung in jail

issy12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok guys! I don't wanna get too excited because then ill probably get disappointed if it doesn't work out... but at mosque (yeahh) i asked my mate if he wanted to swap and i told him about my whole story. And then he rang me right now and he says the date code is 8A underneath his battery and his ofw is 5.03, and he'll do a straight swap. He doesn't play on his psp anways soo....
smile.gif

Wish me luck.. you guys have been great! thanks a lot

ill be back on here again lol to pester you guys about hacking it, but i have some knowledge and there's loads of other topics
yaypsp.gif

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
If the PSP is hackable then there are now 2 decent sticky topics on softmodding and pandora modding, if OFW is 5.03 then Softmodding guide is the way to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards