Suda51's Sine Mora Releases March 21st

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by GeekyGuy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States

In a press release today, Grasshopper Manufacture and Digital Reality announced a release date and price for their anticipated horizontal shooter, Sine Mora, for Xbox LIVE Arcade. Touted as a "dieselpunk shoot 'em up," the game will release worldwide on March 21 and will sell for 1200 Microsoft Points.

From the press release:

"Mixing classic shooter sensibilities with next-gen presentation, Sine Mora is a gorgeous shmup that appeals to both hardcore and casual gamers alike."

"Sine Mora features over 60 combinations of planes, characters and time manipulation devices to complete every beautifully-crafted stage with scaling difficulty."

With obvious touches from Goichi Suda (Suda51) and a soundtrack composed by Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill), Sine Mora comes complete with an "M" rating.

[​IMG] Sources: Digital Reality, CVG

2. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    First reaction: Is there a PS3/PC version? Second reaction: MASS EFFECT IN A 2D WORLD WITH 3D GRAPHICS!

Nice gameplay, now if only I'd have a 360..

3. MigueelDnd

MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2010
    United States
    Yes
    I hope it gets released on PS3 or PC. The game looks great, like every other Suda game.

4. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    XBLA?
    Suda51 titles don't sell that well in the first place but he wants to make it bomb even harder?

5. jing90

jing90 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    Italy
    this is interesting
    why is it an exclusive?

6. unclejimbo88

unclejimbo88 Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    United States
    It almost looks too pretty. I can imagine half of my deaths coming from not being able to tell what's in the background and what's not.

7. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    it looks to me like another gradius clone, not much of a loss if it's xbox 360 exclusive.

8. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    what

do you even know what a shump is

9. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I'm assuming that it's different from a shmup.

But this looks interesting, but I don't really see myself buying bullet hell or 2D shmups. They're fun now and then but nothing I really enjoy. And for $15, it's a bit much for my tastes, even with an all-star team on it.

10. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    So I guess Suda got bored one fine afternoon and decided, hey, why the hell not?

Knowing Suda51, I wouldn't doubt if this game finds a way to redefine the term bullet hell...

11. Gitaroo

Gitaroo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2007
    Canada
    actually Suda has nothing to do with this game, his studio is just the art and sound adviser I think.