ROM Hack Style Savvy: Trendsetters/New Style Boutique ROM Hacking

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,689
  • Replies 0
D

Deleted User

OP
I've been sifting around in the RomFS for Style Savvy: Trendsetters for the past few days, and it seems to use common 3DS formats, like CGFX for 3D models and textures, MSBT for dialogue and other text, etc. I've also found out that some CGFX files have a chunk of (garbage?)data at the start that needs to be deleted in order to be opened in programs like EFE or CGFXViewer successfully.
I was going to wait to make a thread until I could successfully inject clothing textures, but I've kinda encountered a problem. One of the files that's supposed to contain textures looks almost like it has a bunch of bytes inserted in places where they're not supposed to be. I'm not sure how to explain this correctly, so here's a picture of the file I'm talking about opened in a hex editor:
ae2H1K.png
The thing I noticed immediately was that "DICT" had one extra byte inserted into it. I also had originally dismissed the file as garbage data because, at first glance, I didn't really see any signatures that were usually in CGFX files until I looked a second time.

It appears that the other files in romfs\Common\Model\GM are also like this. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-